Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anyone shoot 38 super bullets out of 9mm?

ignantmike

hi, i picked up some 130gr rn and 135gr fp berry's to try out....i shoot a glock 19 and a cz 75b.....the powder i have is longshot and unique....the longshot i use for 10mm.....anyone shoot these? and if so, how did you like them?.......and yes, i know each gun is different...i was just curious.....thank's

Search on .356 and you'll find quite a few threads. Since plated bullets act pretty much like lead, you won't have a problem. You may want to research some of the threads on plated bullets to decide if you're getting a bargain or not...you can often buy jacketed for the same or less.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99981&view=findpost&p=1141896

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55891&view=findpost&p=648307

Edited by G-ManBart

Not often, since .356" is too small for some of my barrels.

Back in the '60s and '70s, almost the only bullets you could find were 0.357" (9mm was not a popular round to reload) and they worked great.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been shooting zero 125 grain FMJ's .356 in my XDm for the past month or so with no issues. However, I did measure the barrel diameter with a lead slug just to make sure.. it appeared closer to .356 than .355, so I gave it a go. I tried WSF powder and just recently switched to N320... I was lucky with both loads, that I didn't have to adjust at all.

Have a box of Berry's .38 Super 130gr RN that I've run a few in the 9mm with unique, just put the calipers to them and they all come out .354 , not sure if I've gotten a bad box or the calipers are off, guess I'll take the calipers to work Fri and check them against a few other ones. Guess it's time to get a back-up set

Edited by angus6