Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When is reloading initiated?

robot

Have a question for all you experienced IDPA shooters.

When is reloading considered initiated?

1. The moment the shooter goes for the magazine by sweeping garment aside?

2. The moment the shooter grasps his/her magazine/moonclip?

3. The moment the shooter pulls magazine/moonclip free?

I understand that the moment the shooter ejects the magazine or opens the cylinder is a clear cut case.

thanks for your time.

I understand that the moment the shooter ejects the magazine or opens the cylinder is a clear cut case.

Another one of those instances where if the rule book just simply said just that it would clear a lot of things up. With out that your left to RO/MD discretion. Some call it as soon as the hand leaves the gun to go towards the mag. Some call it taking the mag out of the pouch or opening the cylinder.

Edited by steel1212

Thanks Sirveyr & Merlin! I tried looking for this using the search function but I got all other kinds of topic. Wasn't really sure which keyword to use to find this specific thread.

@steel1212 I would default to actually "drawing the magazine" because that's the only thing that's written in the rulebook. I do remember shooting a stage where the description specifically states that support hand should not move towards magazine or be anywhere near magpouch until array is shot.

As has been stated numerous times, this topic has already been discussed in detail. Rather than have two threads on the same topic, I'm going to shut this one down. Anything needing to be said, that hasn't already, can go into the previously existent thread.