Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide..... hard to pull back

GlennRasch

I'm building a open gun in 9mm for my son. It's a 2011 STI frame and slide. I took it to a gun smith in town, to have them build the top end and fit a barrel and a thunder comp 2 cone comp. I picked it up the other day.....it seamed a little hard to rack the slide, but I thought it was new. I did some mill work to the slide and put the rest of the gun together and put it under the tree for Christmas, went to the range to day and the slide seemed to be jamming up ? took it home and I think the ling pin is to long. It has a #3 pin and it looks like the barrel is pushing on the slide to hard. I'm going to call them on Monday.

Edited by Lone Star Hydro

Take the barrel out, how's the slide now ? If the problem goes away you have barrel fit issues, probably need to take it back to the guy that fit it. If the problem is still there, check your ejector, firing pin retainer, etc. Do Not take metal off the slide until you have isolated the problem.

Take everyting off including the disconnector and add one part at a time until you find the offending part.

That is what I did...... just like what old Johnny Cash song (one peace at a time) Slide to frame( OK )..... added barrel with one size smaller link pin ( OK ) I will try the other link pin later ,after she is broke in a little. Added guide rod with reverse plug and spring....( NO GO ) put a guide rod from one of my other guns and it worked AWESOME ...... the hole in the plug and the rod was the same, no room to move around. The rod I put in is .020 smaller and gives the spring a little room to. So all is well .......... and time to start shooting and brake it in. Thanks for all you Help guys............... see ya on the range. :cheers:

Edited by Lone Star Hydro