Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR 15 A1 brass ejection for

AlamoShooter

I did a search ..Realy I did. So an a 1 style AR 15 upper -with out the brass deflector or the forward assist. Will it be a problem shooting left hand?

ware will the brass go.

This is something I over looked as I shoot left hand some times when the stage offers it as an advantage. Will the brass go in to my face?

I don't want to build up the new upper and have build in limits to its use

It will indeed eject right into your face/forehead. I built an SP1 clone, shot a couple mags, and sold it. I thought about getting the C7 upper for it. It is an A1 style with the brass deflector as found on the A2, the Canadian army used them.

well its me being me. I did not want the forward assist and when the deal came up for a used upper I jumped with out thinking. as compared to over thinking things that do not mater.

Being able to shoot left or right hand is one of the tricks age can help on over youth and speed. I don't call shooting left hand "week hand" = its just left hand and a bit slower .

Dang

You will probably not notice in your location ...

A left handed shooter using A1 Sporter in the winter while wearing a parka can catch quite a bit of their ejected brass in the hood of their parka. Quite disconcerting if it bounces around and lands on your neck. But you can find some brass without looking in the snow. :)

These work, even if they do look goofy:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=18554/Product/BRASS_DEFLECTOR

I do agree though that a C7/E1 upper is a better choice for lefties. As to the person that asked why not A2?...the A1 sight system has the advantage of simplicity and won't get knocked out of adjustment. If all you are doing is shooting 0-300, as most people do, you'll never need the elevation dial. I do recommend ditching the A1 aperature for an A2 though.