Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 22 Pistol

Zebp45

Rimfire Central had a thread on this a few days ago. Word is this fine product is going to be made by Walther and imported ~April 2011. Having had passing experience with Walther products I will pass on the cast zinc and sheet metal.

Too bad Smith isnt making this as a rimfire version of the M&P. I think they would do a better job. Maybe they would make an upper so you could use Apex parts for some fun low cost training? Ah well. At least it isnt a Umarex....

Addict

I'd buy a M&P Pro .22 upper in a heartbeat along with the Apex goodies to go in it.

A dedicated .22 M&P? Dunno, maybe. If it's very close in size/weight/feel to its big brothers it would be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Tactical Solutions still says they're going to release an M&P .22 conversion kit...that would be handy.

Maybe this will spur them or Apex along in developing a .22 upper (or cause them to drop the project altogether. :()

I'd prefer an .22 upper, but would settle for this if it looks like there's nothing else on the immediate horizon. This is assuming the reviews are positive. I'm not an early adopter.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did they release a price at shotshow?

If I recall correctly it's priced around $350.00. I actually already paid S&W for my future pistol but the receipt is not handy right now.