Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Holster

buckaroo45

I have a 90' Tanfo small frame 9mm I'd like to shoot in Production. Problem is I can't find any holsters. I suspect the one for a CZ75 will fit but I don't want to drop $$ for a holster that might not fit. Anybody have a take on this? Picture attached.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The time is coming when those who kill you will think they are offering service to God - John 16.2

Looks like a longslide model, a holster for a Witness Match might work, but the trigger guard is different. I don't think a 75 holster would work well due to the longer Tango barrel.

I have a 90' Tanfo small frame 9mm I'd like to shoot in Production. Problem is I can't find any holsters. I suspect the one for a CZ75 will fit but I don't want to drop $$ for a holster that might not fit. Anybody have a take on this? Picture attached.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The time is coming when those who kill you will think they are offering service to God - John 16.2

The Henning site was my first stop. It doesn't use small/large frame terms. It's Custom, Standard, Match and model names. No mag dimensions. That's why I posted this.

OK. I'm officially as confused as a high school dropout in a TV game show!

I also have a Witness Match in 40 cal and use a Bladetech 1500 DOH holster. That's large frame, right? Somewhere in this oddessy I was told that my '90 Ultra is a small frame. Supporting that is the fact that I just bought 6 small frame magazines that measure .795 wide X 1.25 deep and fit perfectly in the small frame Ultra and are WAAAY undersize when I try them in the 40 Match (by the way, the Match magazines measure .845 X 1.357). Just for giggles I just now tried the small frame gun in the large frame Match holster (wait for it ............) and it fits the Match holster perfectly right down to barrel length! Well, I do have to tighten the tension screw 1/2 turn to get a perfect fit but you catch my drift. I'm pleased I have a holster that works (let alone perfectly) but totally confused as to how/why this all fits together! Further, I don't think the DOH holster is legal for Production but I can't find it in the rule book which says "see Below" and I didn't find any below.

The look on my face is the same as Elmer Fudd's when Bugs Bunny screws with his mind! :blink:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chaos, panic, and disorder. My work here is done.

The DOH holster being legal for poduction is good news. Leaves more $ for practice ammo. I think I figgered out my large / small frame confusion. I thought it related to overall size of the gun. Evidently it only relates to the GRIP frame. The 9mm conversion barrel from EAA needed a little fitting around the locking lugs but now works just fine. Thanks to all and Felize Navidad!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt