Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Super 1050 and Accessories

I really love this beast of a machine. That was my 1st run of SWC. I'll get things correct soon.

The one thing I miss about my Hornady is the Lock N' Load system. Its very slick and made switching from bullet type very easy. Just pop in a new die already adjusted and start loading. When you change bullet types with the Dillon, you have to readjust the seating die every time. I load 185gr SWC, 185gr SWCHP, 200 gr SWC, and 230gr FMJ all in 45ACP. I had 4 dies I used to swap in and out depending on what I am shooting.

I like the separate taper and crimp dies much better. The bullet quality appears to be better. Do you guys have an easy way to have things pre-adjusted rather than having to readjust the seating die from scratch each time. Thanks.

I really love this beast of a machine. That was my 1st run of SWC. I'll get things correct soon.

The one thing I miss about my Hornady is the Lock N' Load system. Its very slick and made switching from bullet type very easy. Just pop in a new die already adjusted and start loading. When you change bullet types with the Dillon, you have to readjust the seating die every time. I load 185gr SWC, 185gr SWCHP, 200 gr SWC, and 230gr FMJ all in 45ACP. I had 4 dies I used to swap in and out depending on what I am shooting.

I like the separate taper and crimp dies much better. The bullet quality appears to be better. Do you guys have an easy way to have things pre-adjusted rather than having to readjust the seating die from scratch each time. Thanks.

Get a competition seating die, they have micrometer adjustments, so you can log the setting for each bullet...they are a bit pricey, but worth it.

jj

Budget Version: Get 4 differently colored Sharpie Markers. For each bullet, mark the die body and make a corresponding mark on the Toolhead, with one color.

be