Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun loading

dmshozer1

I swear at myself for not practicing with a tube gun enough because I either missed a target or dropped a shell.

:roflol:

In all seriousness though, you should break the stage down so that you can load four rounds from a four round caddy. If you need less, you should make provisions to keep shells on your gun for "oh sh**" reloads as I call them. :lol:

Edited by DyNo!

if you only want to load 2, then only grab 2. if you want to load 5, you'll either need 6 shell caddies or empty a 4-shell caddy then go back and grab one more. either way its not going to be as smooth or as fast (usually) then just grabbing 4 and loading them up.

Unless I just need one I almost always grab four and load what is needed then hold the remaining shells in my hand and load them when time permits or drop them if I transition guns. If I need just one I'll uvk just one off the top of my caddie. I'm messing around with some side saddles on my gun for the oops I missed I need one more situations.

Unless I just need one I almost always grab four and load what is needed then hold the remaining shells in my hand and load them when time permits or drop them if I transition guns. If I need just one I'll uvk just one off the top of my caddie. I'm messing around with some side saddles on my gun for the oops I missed I need one more situations.

Sounds good to me Jessie.

How is the ankle?

I miss your videos.

I live in the Northeast so I am not able to shoot many big 3gun matches so the videos are my window to the big ones.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Sounds good to me Jessie.

How is the ankle?

I miss your videos.

I live in the Northeast so I am not able to shoot many big 3gun matches so the videos are my window to the big ones.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I am going to try to embarrass myself by shooting local 3 gun match this weekend. I will definately get some video of me crawling around ATAS.

I took one of the Safariland 2 shell caddies and cut the belt attachment off and cut the bottom of the lower shell holder out. I then mounted it on my fore arm with some screws and epoxy. The reason I cut the bottom out of the one side is so that I could push a shell in deeper and have them staggered ... the top shell goes in till it bottoms out ... then the bottom shell goes in till the brass bottoms out. Makes it easy to grab the first one easier than having them side by side and once the top shell is gone its easy access to the bottom one.

I took one of the Safariland 2 shell caddies and cut the belt attachment off and cut the bottom of the lower shell holder out. I then mounted it on my fore arm with some screws and epoxy. The reason I cut the bottom out of the one side is so that I could push a shell in deeper and have them staggered ... the top shell goes in till it bottoms out ... then the bottom shell goes in till the brass bottoms out. Makes it easy to grab the first one easier than having them side by side and once the top shell is gone its easy access to the bottom one.

Pics?

Here ya go Jesse

IMG00151.jpg

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00158.jpg

IMG00156.jpg

The silver piece that you can see in the middle is a blind T nut that I filed down to fit in the rib between the two shells.

The shells in there are 3 inch high brass but some cheap low brass stuff is no different really.

Edited by Outsydlooknin75

I think the key to it is being able to get the heads offset so you arent trying to fight with them side by side.

I havnet worked with it enough to see if its faster to come off the belt with one weak handed underneath and close the bolt or pull one with the strong hand and hit the bolt release and get back to the trigger.

Its something that I am playing with and will work on it for next season.

I think the key to it is being able to get the heads offset so you arent trying to fight with them side by side.

I havnet worked with it enough to see if its faster to come off the belt with one weak handed underneath and close the bolt or pull one with the strong hand and hit the bolt release and get back to the trigger.

Its something that I am playing with and will work on it for next season.

Me too.