Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

my new limited 24 set up

Mat Price

Its done! can't wait till sunday to shoot my first match with my new 24.

Got stipling finished today

we sporting dawson adj rear and a dawson fiber front

a lone wolf bbl

rocket connector

wolf striker spring

lone wolf UTS

dawson Ice mag well

and dawson base pads

zev tungston guide rod and 15 lb ISMI spring

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3865.jpg

Mat

• 2 weeks later...

Love my 24. Granted mine started off as a bare frame. You will love it. I found it shoots even better than the 35. I did remove the extended slide stop for a factory so no unexpected slide locks. Also replaced the extended mag release for a lower button as the factory extended dug into my hand with my grip and the std one was a little too short

Edited by EkuJustice

Yeah I need to pull that thing off... It hasn't happened yet But I am sure it will. Well the first match with it went so/so not used to shooting limited. The second match went down hill from stage #1

just put this in the back of your brain... lone wolf reduced striker spring + Winchester primers + 29 degrees outside = mucho light strikes... I never had a problem running that same combo in my 34 but i never run it in sub freezing weather eaither... welll after playing click or bang on stage 1 I dropped the striker out and put one out of my 17 with a stock spring and finished up the match. from that point on I did very well.

here below is the how I run the classifier that day. Not to bad for my second limited match and 8th match ever in my life... I only been shooting pistol for four months so I got plenty of time and room for improvement.

Stage 3 - El Presidente- Pistol - Limited Classifier 99-11

Place Name USPSA Class Points Penalty Time Hit Factor Stg Pts Stage Percent

1 Derek Flores TY52185 B 53 0 7.10 7.4648 60.0000 100.00%

2 BIll Jackson TY42086 B 49 0 7.94 6.1713 49.6032 82.67%

3 Junior Cuevas A69426 C 59 0 9.62 6.1331 49.2962 82.16%

4 Matt Price A69703 U 52 0 8.78 5.9226 47.6042 79.34%

5 Victor Raibstein TY58289 C 50 10 8.31 4.8135 38.6896 64.48%

6 Joe Touchton A37113 B 37 10 7.38 3.6585 29.4060 49.01%

7 Tom Duchmann Jr. L1670 C 47 10 11.38 3.2513 26.1331 43.56%

8 Wayne Argence A51341 D 54 0 16.62 3.2491 26.1154 43.53%

Edited by Mat Price

Swap the factory striker for a jager LW striker. The new ones are uncoated and actually make the trigger feel even better than the old coated ones. I can tell a big difference in the crispness of the trigger putting the Jager striker and LW spring over the factory with the same spring. It just feels sooo much more crisp. It also has an extended tip so no more light strikes

Swap the factory striker for a jager LW striker. The new ones are uncoated and actually make the trigger feel even better than the old coated ones. I can tell a big difference in the crispness of the trigger putting the Jager striker and LW spring over the factory with the same spring. It just feels sooo much more crisp. It also has an extended tip so no more light strikes

I totally forgot about that striker. I know this is a 24 thread, but I'm having a 25 built from frame>up over the next few months and I'm glad I read this thread.

BSG

Here is the 24 Im using. It started off as a frame off gunbroker for like 75 bucks. Has a lone wolf slide and barrel(blind marked), vanek trigger with the pretravel removed, Jager striker, Dawson adj rear and FO front sights, Dawson mag well, dawson extentions for 20+1 reloadable, Mag release that was cut down with a Dawson mag button tapped. Stippled frame and undercut trigger guard

post-14119-050197500 1293336594_thumb.jp

Edited by EkuJustice

same here mine sports a glock 22 frame... I had thought about going the LW route myself... my 34 plate gun is just that..I use the frame for both my 34 and 24... but i came across this 24 for a song. got the 24 for the same price as a retail lw slide.

How are yall getting slide lock suprises? I always get clicks cause of an empty chamber <_< Guess I spent too much time shooting 1911's with high thumbs. Upside is I always do a speed load instead of a malfunction drill.

How are yall getting slide lock surprises? I always get clicks cause of an empty chamber <_< Guess I spent too much time shooting 1911's with high thumbs. Upside is I always do a speed load instead of a malfunction drill.

The extended slide stop is sometimes engaged when one has a high grip, because it sticks out and rearward from the frame.

How are you getting a "click"? Are your high thumbs causing the slide to not fully cycle? Also, wouldn't you need to rack the slide if this happens, negating the "speed reload"? :blink: