Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

milestone met

gravityBad

PREFACE- SORRY FOR The caps/no caps/caps/ no....ever since i spilled an corona on my keyboard, tHE CAPS LOCK HAS A MIND OF ITs own... :cheers:

I startED SHOOTing in april and picked up uspsa in July and can say i'm definatELY HOOKED. AftER MANY MATches and dryfire, I finally HIT A MILEStONE FOR CONSISTent DRAW/A ZONE HITs. while at The range yestERDAY, I Timed my draw from botH HANDS AT side and surrender positIONS. I WAS PLEASED AT tHE USUAL 1.2-1.35 DRAW WITh a hitS. AT some point, I GOT in the zone, AND STartED To pick up tHE SPEED WIThout SACRIFICING ACCURACY. I STartED To keep tRACK AND REALIZED I WAS HITTing 8-10 a-zone shotS ALL UNDER 1.2. MOSTly betWEEN 1.05-1.14.

AND Then it HAPPENED...AN A-ZONE HIT @ .99sec followed up by a 1.00.

now i know tHIS ISN'T HUGE FOR MOST, but remember itS ALL RELATive and i know i came away witH SMILE, A POCKET full OF DREAMS AND The satISFACTion tHAT all tHE WORK (IF YOU CAN CALL IT tHAT) IS STarting tO PAY OFF.

Sounds great to me. I don't own a timer so I haven't been able to check myself, but recently one of my fellow shooters commented at my first-shot speed so I started checking. I'm in the 1.3 range myself with my single stack rig and it's definitely something to build on for the future.

Congrats on your progress. :cheers:

Edited by twodownzero

I'm shooitng a g17 in production. Given my competitive spirit, the timer has proved to be a necessary evil. Seems like my timer is possessed, mocking me every step of the way. By pUshing myself using the timer, I've been able to break down the weak points in my form and At this point, rarely find myself at the range without the timer....I guess i should clarify....I rarely find myself at the range without USING the time.

edit: sp

Edited by gravityBad

great job meeting a new milestone. i remember when i hit my first sub 1-sec in a match and was pretty giddy as well, haha.

As a congrats to yourself....treat yourself to a new keyboard ;):roflol:

Moved to Accomplishments :cheers:

Maybe I missed it but how far away was your target. Sub second hits aren't hard to get from 5 ft. :roflol:

I'm at an average 1.2 from 30 ft. Every once in a while I will hit my goal of .98 but not as often as I would like.

Nice work!

Maybe I missed it but how far away was your target. Sub second hits aren't hard to get from 5 ft. :roflol:

I'm at an average 1.2 from 30 ft. Every once in a while I will hit my goal of .98 but not as often as I would like.

Nice work!

hahaha...sorry, i guess i neglected probably the most important factor. i was at 26-27', shooting at the 7yd target but was back 5-6 feet from the line shooting over a table so my mags (timed mag changes) didn't hit the concrete floor. at that distance, it was still a milestone for me.