Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bb's in the yard

tibbs

Hi I am new to airsoft and would like to shoot in my yard. My question is how long and how much trouble are the bb's that fall to the yard. I bought the white bb's and they are not bio. Should I be worried about shooting them in the yard. Or should I get biodegradable. Hate to waist what I have.

Flatlandshooter, another forum member, shoots his airsoft in the garage and then uses the leafblower to make his garage walkable.

If you're worried about the non-bio's, how about shooting those inside and the bio's outside?

I understand your worries, though, my wife has given me hell about those plastic pellets on several occasions.

I personally think they're quite decorative. :closedeyes:

If you're not shooting steel, just reduced classics or metrics, back each target with a large cardboard box that has an old towel draped inside. Unless you're really wild, the boxes will trap what you shoot into the targets.

Last year I shot about 8,000 rounds into the front yard, none this year because I wore out my gun. I did not even see any of them this year. They were not bio degradeable, don't know what happened to them. Plan to get another 8,000 to 10,000 in the yard in 2011.

Last year I shot about 8,000 rounds into the front yard, none this year because I wore out my gun. I did not even see any of them this year. They were not bio degradeable, don't know what happened to them. Plan to get another 8,000 to 10,000 in the yard in 2011.

Did some tilling this summer to put down replacement sod. Several green ones turned up. For some reason they seem to bury themselves down in the thatch. I suppose if you shoot enough of them it might be a problem, but you will probably wear out a few guns before its a problem.

Bill