Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 holster for IDPA

JFD

Any ideas on a "plastic" holster for my wife. My understanding is that there's an attachment made for women to drop or offset the holster for proper fit.

So far I either use a leather wilson or my ghost holster, so the kydex/etc holsters are a mystery right now. I didn't see anything that looked right for a female shooter from Brownells web site.

Thanks guys.

No need to start her off with a holster that doesn't fit right.

Edit #1: After a bit more surfing, I found that Wilson makes an adaptor for women to fit my Wilson Practical holster. I'm going to try that first and maybe try a "plastic" holster for myself.

Edit #2: For $14.95 I went ahead and ordered a blade-tech for myself. We/I shoot mainly USPSA, but my Ghost is hardly cosher for IDPA or the outlaw matches I occasionally shoot. Hard to beat the price of the blade-tech.

The possibility of my wife actually shooting a match may be slim, so I feel better about spending $12.95 for the Wilson adaptor instead of over $60 for the blade-tech.

If she shoots USPSA, she'll be using my .38 Super (my IDPA ESP gun) in L-10 until she twists my arm to get her a major caliber gun. If she'll go to matches, it won't take much twisting at all.