Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please explain the class difference for me

JMIS

I shot the PA STATE RIFLE CHAMPIONSHIP a few weeks ago. I was put in the Open class. What is the difference in the classes? The gun I used had a red dot on it. Tacops was the bigger class by far.

1. Tacops

2. Open

3. Irons... that one I can figure out :rolleyes:

4. Heavy Metal

Thank you Jeremy

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010MGRULESV3.pdf

start at pg 14. it give you the break down for what you can have on a gun in the different divisions ;)

Most of the lower division other than Open have the different restrictions and if you fail to meet any of them, thats what you get bumped to open. as posted. list your gear and accessories and someone should be able to tell you what part got you the bump up

Edited by Corey

1. Tacops: Same as Irons except you get one optic on the rifle.

2. Open: Almost anything goes, 170mm DS mags in pistols.

3. Irons: 140mm DS pistol mags, 170mm SS pistol mags, 8+1 loaded in iron sighted SG, no optics on anything, no beta mags or supporting devices.

4. Heavy Metal: .308 or .30-06 rifle, 12 guage pump shotty, .45 ACP (Lim 10 in USPSA) pistol.

There are deviations between USPSA and Outlaw match (Horner, IMGA, etc scoring).

In USPSA rules (in general) if you declare a category and have non-compliant equipment, you get moved to open.

Explain your gun set ups first and that will make it easier for us to say why you were moved to open.

My gun is a AR with a Burris AR-322 red dot.

Standard mags and no bi-pod on that AR?

Pistol and Shotty? I've seen a few get bumped for ported choke tubes and Mossburg ported barrels on shotty's.

Explain your gun set ups first and that will make it easier for us to say why you were moved to open.

My gun is a AR with a Burris AR-322 red dot.

Standard mags and no bi-pod on that AR?

Pistol and Shotty? I've seen a few get bumped for ported choke tubes and Mossburg ported barrels on shotty's.

It was just a rifle match. I have standard 30rd mags and no bi-pod.

Have you thought about checking with stats? If you declared a category and they moved you, they are supposed to have documented a reason. From what you have posted, I can't give you a good reason. Let us know if you check.

Have you thought about checking with stats? If you declared a category and they moved you, they are supposed to have documented a reason. From what you have posted, I can't give you a good reason. Let us know if you check.

I will be shooting a rimfire match next Saturday at the same place. I hope to get some info on then.

if you don't declare your division, you'll get put in Open. Maybe you forgot to declare it.

Either way it was a great match

I think that was it. I don't remember declaring a division.

Yes... I had an awesome time :D