Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSA SHOOTOUT 2011

After some discussion we have decided to NOT run the side matches anymore and instead add a 7th stage

If u would like to be an RO at the shootout this year and have never worked the match before please contact me so I can get u on the the list.

Thanks, Chris

Cpmconst@yahoo.com

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about registration, its not my job;-) but If u want to be an RO then I can guarantee your slots.

Sorry about the sides, its more of a staffing issue.

Registration is usually the early part of January. See you all there.

Michael P. Gottlieb, Esquire

Proud Sponsor of the PSA Shootout.

• 1 month later...

Just curious but will 9am and 2pm still be the starting times and will the squads be kept at 10 to 12 per squad? Just wondering about time in between morning and afternoon. I have to say I am excited for this year as I have a new open and limited gun to shoot this year.

Greg,

I talked to Chris last night. Times are the same right now, if anything does change, we will put it out in the apps and on the website too. We will most likely change some target numbers on the different bays to even out with the seventh stage, so they all run about the same. The end result is more shooting for the same money, what is not to like? :goof:

PRO, to answer your question we cap velocity at 1350fps, and if your ammo is hot, we will chrono it. We don't want to tear up steel, and have people possibly catch some frags from the bullet fragments.

A solid 130 PF will take down anything we put up, and some of the targets are really small, so know where your guns are sighted in too! ;)

Hope to see you soon in PA!

DougC

• 3 weeks later...

The PSA Shootout applications should be live on February 1. I hope to see some other BENOS members at the match. I'm shooting Friday afternoon and all day on Saturday. Stop by and say hello.

There are also 2 practice matches being held. On at Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club on Saturday April 9 and one at Harleysville Souderton on April 17. Info is on the PSA Site for each.

Now if only the snow :sick: will melt!

Is the practice session dropped from Palmyra? I thought I read side shotgun match that day also, might of been the Sunday before the 28th... not sure :unsure:

:cheers:

As far as I know, the practice session for a fee is still on, or at least that is what was in our sponsor packs. It is just that 2 of the local clubs are running them at their own ranges. Shotgun will be run on the same squad as the regular match except that any shotguns will shoot last in the squad.

Palmyra is runninf a seperate shotgun match also on a different date. There is info on this forum somewhere.

CHRIS:

If any of this has changed, please post.

Mike

Edited by mikegot38

What is up with this statement on the application? "HEY- if you want to be shoot with someone - send them in together."

In the past we have always written on the top "please squad with ....."

Is this an official change? One way only, or is this just to assist the folks handling the registration? (My squad is spread out over 200 miles, and I'm sure many others are the same.)

David Olhasso is running a class at the range the day before and I'm going to use this as a good way to improve my overall shooting ability. Having never shot something like this, it'll be fun.

Now I just have to decide if I want to run my normal Limited load or load down to minor. Better training if I shoot major, better scores if I shoot minor. Decisions, decisions...

Ya what mike said ;-)

If u want to shoot with ur buddies from across the country its ok to put a note on the app. A phone call or email to Jeff would be nice too. If you all live near each other and shoot together every weekend then please send them in together, yes it makes it easier.

Fyi was just told Saturday am is full

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my friend Peter Hoyle will be shooting my new built Edge Custom 40's, Peter's look's stock and mine has been lightened. If you want to check out my work we will be shooting Sunday afternoon. Pro is going to be shooting my 9 Major so check him out as well. It seems every time I build myself a gun somebody else see's it and wants it! Maybe I shouldn't show anyone my work! LOL!!!

Robert Snyder

• 2 weeks later...