Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new 416Barrett

gm iprod

BOHICA FAR 32" Fluted. Pictures to come, camera battery on sick note at present.

Not really new, I got it in May, but due to the bollocks that is importing firearms or parts thereof that the average plod (policeman) would not understand in this part of the world I finally got it back from the Police Inspecting Armourer who had to ensure it was safe, (I kept the firing pin), I finally got to give it a rip. They were looking at me pretty sideways until I loaned them a M4 when they blew one of theirs up, I am not above sucking up.

193gr of Powder and 400grains of projectile, more accurately a little javelin made from bronze, we are sorted. 18 rounds = 1/2lb powder and 1lb of bullets.

First two shots less than 1.5" (good start) then I got it sighted in. Then I had to wait for all the guys at the range to have a go. Then we shot a proper group at 100Y (all I have got right now) and seeing as it was smoking hot and well fouled it still sat at 1.25". By then I needed a rest. Not shot a lot of big stuff for a while, torn tendons in shoulder, I decided that discretion was the better part of valour and called it quits. Once dialled in I am going to have some serious fun with that toy.

It is not nasty, but when you let it go it wants to move back 4 - 6" and you just can't stop it. So don't try. My 15year old daughter shot it, she put it right in the group with all the other yahoos.

Next stop. More US869 (2 x 8lb should cover it) and 50lb of bronze rod and a CNC machine is all we need. :cheers:

Edited to add that the pictures will not be forthcoming. Operator error on the beasty.

Edited by gm iprod

Been too busy (except Sunday) to get the paperwork sorted to get that gun back. Besides I know where it is and you are now in range!

Just ordered some 420gr (500 or 30lbs) for Christmas (sorry "winter festive holiday" just in case you live anywhere near philly). The freight is going to be murder.

Except he reversed the photo. That must be the only left hand eject STI in the world.

Damn that mean I now have one for each hand. So does that mean I can buy matching guns from now on, two instead of one.

I have two hands, two eyes, two ears and some would say two chins. Though I would get that in before PinS hooter turned up.