Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adding DOH to regular Bladetech holster?

Topcat

OK thanks. As far as I can see in the downloadable manual for the Tek-Lok system, it is supposed to be easy to take on and off. I guess I was more wondering if the DOH Tek-Lok in my link is the same as the one that is factory installed on a regular DOH holster.

I can't tell if the new ones use three hole mounting (think telephone keypad buttons 1,3 and 5) I think the older ones used that. If your existing holster uses 3 holes to mount, I bet it would work.

The older Tec-loks had slots where numbers 4 and 6 would be allowing a little more adjustment for different hole patterns. The new Tec-loks are just 9 holes.

I added a Tec-lok to an old BT injection molded holster in place of a height adjustable belt loop that used keypad #s 1, 3 and 7 or 4, 6 and *. I tried just using the 1 and 3 holes and it would pivot on that axis during a hard draw. I ended up putting screws in holes 3 and 4 (i.e. offset), it just barely works and gives the holster a slight drop and slight rearward cant.

It works well enough that I can't bring myself to spring for an actual DOH.

Have fun getting the screws apart!

And while you're at it cross your fingers that they're the correct length. I just converted a DOH to belt-height and I had to shorten the screws and collars by .08" so that it wouldn't rattle.