Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DP #2 Compensator for Bull or Hybrid Barrels

SnivelingDramaQueen

• 2 weeks later...

Trubors are one piece. Above is correct.

I know TRUBOR is one piece,but I ask are somebody have a info are I have chance to remove Trubor comp,mill or ...........

If you have lathe you could cut the comp off the trubor then turn down (cut) the diameter of the barrel to bushing size and thread and crown it to accept a cone comp, the cone of the comp will need to be cut down (diameter) to fit the slide also done on a lathe. This is a lot of precision machine work but it can be done. Briley barrels are all made bull diameter, if they need a bushing barrel they cut them down to that size. The DP2 comp will also need to be align reamed once it is on the barrel. The barrel will probably be just short of reaching the first port of the comp but this won't hurt anything other than looks and who is going to be looking down into the comp.

You cannot do a bull comp since the barrel needs to have 1/2" of threads beyond the end of the slide, but then again if you are up for a shorty you just whack a 1/2" off the slide. I don't recommend that approach as the shorty is a little bit violent and obviously you are wanting to tame the gun down with the comp change.

Edited by CocoBolo