Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber Front Sights for Match shipping tomorrow

sinnsyk

Hey

Currently I have two Fiber Front sights available:

0.095 wide x 0.180 tall

This sight is the new taller fiber front sight for the Limited, Limited Pro, Limited Custom, Stock II. Also US Model Stock I and Hunter's from 2007 and earlier with supersight (target style) rear sight. From 2008 and on the Stock I and Hunter's have the same rear sight as the current Match, Stock I and Hunter.

The .180" tall front sight will only work with gun models with Supersight (bomar looking target sight) as you'll need to be able to adjust the elevation.

0.095 wide x 0.140 tall

This is the new lower fiber front sight specifically made for the Stock I, Match and current Hunter with the combat compact (novak looking) rear sight. This sight doesn't allow for much adjustment in elevation which is why we need to put a lower front sight on them. It's a little lower than the factory fiber front sight, but taller than the factory black front sight.

I'm picking up a batch of the 0.140" match/stock rear sight from bearcoat coating today. All my front sights are coated with Bearcoat Flat Black which is a flat/matte black non-reflective coating which is the best I've found for front sights. I've coated my rear sights in the same coating as well. Love it.

All back-orders of the 0.095 x 0.140" will ship tomorrow and anyone wanting to get a better front sight for their match/stock gun can place their order now.

Edited by sinnsyk

and just to make sure.. there are different names and version of the "same name" model in US and rest of the world.

The tall sight is for => supersight (adjustable)

The low sight is for => combat sight (adjustable)

In my opinion the low sight sucks, plain and simple. It doesn't have a lot of elevation adjustment which is why the need for the lower fiber front. You may have trouble adjusting it high enough even with my new 0.140" sight, but it's a compromise between having a slightly taller front (than the factory black sight) and sight that isn't easy to see at all.

When we get the mid and long triggers ready plus the rest of the front sight product line finished up we'll start R&D of the new rear sights. I'm wanting to make a robust adjustable rear sight to replace both the supersight and the compact sight.

It just all takes time so please be patient.

;-)

Henning

Say you have a little problem with adjusting the supersight very high up, could it be an idea to use the low sight to compensate a little for that?

I have the iFiber, but currently using the regular metal sight. But I find my self ending up on elevating the rear sight a lot before I´m happy.

I know that compared to others I shoot lower, dont know why... my shoots are close and nice, but tend to go a little low and slightly left.

Thanks henning, I just got the shipping notification!!!!

Say Moss_berg... Did you get your new front sight installed? I had to spend a little time shaving some metal of the bottom of the sight, per Henning's instructions, to get it to fit into the dovetail. Now it's on to the fiber install.

Frank

• 2 months later...