Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Razor HD 1-4 EBR 556 reticle pic

ccoker

hard to get a night time pic

mailboxes, about 50 yards away

suffice it to say, the pic does not do the glass justice

very clear and sharp

will try to get the other reticle lit up as well as a few daytime pics of both reticles

razorreticlehorseshoe.jpg

The 8 power binoculars I have are the great. the crisp view is better than more powerful glass .

looks like I am going to have to end up with a rifle scope , before the Catalog wares out

I keep going over the Vortex catalog , I like the Razor setup but I like the second focal plain like the Viper can be had with.

Edited by AlamoShooter

man that reticle looks crowded to me. not sure i see the value in a second focal plane 1-4 scope? Wouldn't you keep it mostly at either 1x (for up close) or 4X (for longer out). Do you really need the ranging capabilities of the first focal plane for, say 2x usage at 200 yds? not trying to be a hater, looking to better understand its value over the 2nd focal plane 1-4 viper (which I believe is also much less expensive?) school me on this.

this is a T&E scope, so, not mine, I question the FFP on a low power scope for the same reasons as stated.

but, that's what they made and there must have been some demand for it

the other pics are better of it

will try to get a pic at 3 and 400 on a 8" plate over the next few days

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Vortex Razor on the way. I will let you guys know how it works for me. as far as Ballistic tables I have my 55 gr load and me 69 gr load very close. I just make 1min of adjustment and the tables work very close. So the reticle should work out the same way.

Using the Meopta for the past two years is a challenge to me on 400+ yard shots. I don't think the Vortex Razor will slow me down on the close ones.

I really like my Razor 1-4. I am yet to take more than a second shot @ 400yd tgts this year. Depending on velocity etc, it matches up well with my buddies 69grs & I shoot 193 or 193 copies (55gr) & the reticle is SH.