Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd Annual Topton 3 man 3 gun team match

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the rules:

"Shotguns: pump or semi -auto allowed. Maximum of 9 in rounds the gun at any time, no

ported barrels or choke tubes allowed, no optics, no speed loaders or devices allowed.

( sorry this means no Saigas this year)"

I apologize if this is a dumb question but I am pretty new. The rules say no choke tubes. Almost all of my shotguns except my duty 870 have chokes. Do they really mean no chokes at all or do they mean a ported choke or just use a cylinder choke?

Thanks for any help.

From the rules:

"Shotguns: pump or semi -auto allowed. Maximum of 9 in rounds the gun at any time, no

ported barrels or choke tubes allowed, no optics, no speed loaders or devices allowed.

( sorry this means no Saigas this year)"

I apologize if this is a dumb question but I am pretty new. The rules say no choke tubes. Almost all of my shotguns except my duty 870 have chokes. Do they really mean no chokes at all or do they mean a ported choke or just use a cylinder choke?

Thanks for any help.

Choke tubes are okay. Ported choke tubes, are not.

Link to rules:

My link

Link to Match site:

My link

David,

It says 9 rounds TOTAL in the gun at any time = 8 in the mag + 1 in the chamber. This is the same as the Blue Ridge rules. Other matches such as Rocky Mountain stipulates 8 in the mag to start, you can load to capacity after the start signal. Should you forget, and load 9 in the magazine tube, it's a long ride home after a DQ.

I guess if it is a DQ it’s not worth it, I was thinking procedural vice DQ.

So I will have a plug in the gun.

I think my brain is stuck in the wrong rulebook.

David E.

Different "Non Sanctioned" matches have there own rules, not IDPA, USPSA etc. Not to mention that your stature to other shooters will be, well, diminished to say the least.

Different "Non Sanctioned" matches have there own rules, not IDPA, USPSA etc. Not to mention that your stature to other shooters will be, well, diminished to say the least.

I don't know if it would be a DQ or not. Wouldn't it be Unsportsmanlike Conduct though?

I was off track on this one. I was thinking about when the rules/stage brief says you have to START with X rounds in the gun which in my eyes it would be ok to exceed that number after the buzzer goes off. But in this case, as you have said, it is 9 max anytime so I would not put 10 in the gun on purpose and to make sure I will use a plug.

Hopefully it is OK in the eyes of others to us the full mag capacity when the rule is written that you have to start with x rounds but does not address the max after the start.

David E.

P.S. Concerning rules; if you ask the guys I shoot with they will tell you I’m all about using the rules to the maximum benefit but I am also the guy that tells the SO that I committed a procedural if/when he doesn’t catch it.

P.S. Thanks for keeping me out of trouble on this one, if I could only read this would all be much easier!

Edited by Nuke8401

I don't know if it would be a DQ or not. Wouldn't it be Unsportsmanlike Conduct though?

I was off track on this one. I was thinking about when the rules/stage brief says you have to START with X rounds in the gun which in my eyes it would be ok to exceed that number after the buzzer goes off. But in this case, as you have said, it is 9 max anytime so I would not put 10 in the gun on purpose and to make sure I will use a plug.

Hopefully it is OK in the eyes of others to us the full mag capacity when the rule is written that you have to start with x rounds but does not address the max after the start.

David E.

P.S. Concerning rules; if you ask the guys I shoot with they will tell you I’m all about using the rules to the maximum benefit but I am also the guy that tells the SO that I committed a procedural if/when he doesn’t catch it.

P.S. Thanks for keeping me out of trouble on this one, if I could only read this would all be much easier!

I think we will have alot of laughs by the end of the day :P

Jeremy

Did I mention I can't count either?

At least I'm a safe shooter.......Really I am!!!!!!!

Looking forward to shooting this match with you guys and making new frieds(-1 speling(-2)).

David E.

David,

I'm trying to keep you out of trouble! Keeping track of different matche rules can be as much, or more of a challenge than the shooting.

Min nine slug needed for team all team members shootthe same shotgun on slug stage. So bring extra in same gauge

Why use the same gun? It stinks with 2 guys with Benelli's and one with a Remington, as the function is slighty different, and under the clock isn't the time to try to remember why a round isn't feeding from the mag.

Could be worse - I shoot a 20ga semiauto on a youth stock. Both my teammates shoot 12ga pump on non-midget stock. I think I may have to claim I'm shooting 4-gun ;)

Say, Dean --- will there be lunch available for purchase at the match? How about water/other refreshments? I am trying to figure out how heavy to pack for the day.

Thanks!

Dean will probably answer this, but in the past the kitchen has been open for some matches, but not others. The safe bet is to pack a lunch. It's faster and easier too. When the kitchen was open the lines were crazy, and not terribly convenient. I'd rather just stay on the ranges, eat and get right back to it.

Dean will probably answer this, but in the past the kitchen has been open for some matches, but not others. The safe bet is to pack a lunch. It's faster and easier too. When the kitchen was open the lines were crazy, and not terribly convenient. I'd rather just stay on the ranges, eat and get right back to it.

I agree with Howard :cheers:

Ladi,

Could be worse - I shoot a 20ga semi auto on a youth stock. Both my teammates shoot 12ga pump on non-midget stock. I think I may have to claim I'm shooting 4-gun

I'll bring my saws all in a quick draw holster, you can have one of the other team members shoot first and then we'll cut the stock of their gun to fit you! :roflol:

In all seriousness, sounds like they are using one gun to expedite the flow of the stage, I would hope in this case the MD/RO/SO would make an exception and let you shoot your gun in addition to the others.

David E.

Dean:

The teams from LPRGC are all shooting on Saturday with the ROs since we are running a match at our club the next day. Could you tell us what time the shooters meeting will be on Saturday and also a guess as to ending time as we are heading back to our club to set up on Saturday evening for Sunday and we need to give the rest of our set up crew an idea about what time to meet us on at LPRGC on Saturday evening. Thanks.

Mike

On sat shooter need to be at the range by 8 and ready to shoot. This is Saturday only. I repeat Saturday only.

Sunday shooters still have shooters meeting at 7:45 and start shooting at 8:15. Registration starts at 7:30. Do not be late we will not wait for you

Thanks

Dean