Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it safe to compete with a Ruger?

Revopop

• 1 year later...

Since this was revived I'll share my Ruger, I'm currently using it for IDPA SSR. I have chamfered the cylinders, bobbed the hammer, Hogue grips, trigger serrations removed and rounded, action trigger work 7.5lb double action. It can be seen in action in my videos.

post-35471-0-92663200-1324837305_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

I shoot PPC, now i'm only "Classified" and dont have visions of gradeur but I have placed in my division the last three years in the NPSC with a 4"GP-100 in the stock service and a Speed Six in the off duty catigories.

I plan to shoot IDPA and /ICORE with revolvers and they'll be Rugers.

Try to stay true to my school.

• 1 month later...

I found a very nice (new) blued GP100 in 38 Special with a 4" barrel, fixed rear sight, and a pinned front sight. It will stay in lay away for a few months, but the action surprised me; it felt much smoother than some of the new S&W's I've looked at lately. I used to be a S&W guy, but I don't want to pick up a new 686 and feel a rough action. I liked this Ruger, and I cannot wait to shoot it in Revolver Class in USPSA later this year.

S&W is having issues, where if you purchase a new one it will be a lottery as to whether or not it will have to be sent in for repair. My most recent purchase was a 625PC, when I opened the box the rear sight was adjusted all the way to the left. I was thinking that the barrel was installed a bit crooked as a bunch of threads talk about the same issue on newer production Smiths. Luckily when I first fired it I had to adjust the sight to the middle in order to hit paper, I was happy that I didn't have to send the gun back to S&W.

I like the Ruger revolvers and would not hesitate to buy one if they made what I want. (5" .45acp or 5" 10mm) The obtaining of parts through Ruger is about the only deficiency about the brand, some parts can be ordered while others are factory installed. Perhaps if this rule was more loose...