Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Noob Joins the Ranks

doc540

The majority of my shooting friends have been telling me to reload.

So, yesterday a local classified appeared:

"Dillion Square Deal B in good condition set up to load 9mm and .45ACP, all accessories, tools, manual. $200."

After a quick search regarding quality and service, I bought it and picked it up last night.

A good friend and my local FFL contact reloads and said he'd coach me to get started.

I'll try to keep my mouth shut here and read everything I can.

My goals in no order of priority:

1. enjoy the hobby, spend time at my bench

2. shoot more often by building ammo inventory

3. shoot more accurately and consistently

Thanks to the Forum for all the info.

welcome!!!! drink the blue koolaid(dillon) its gooooooood...you will enjoy your reloading experience, making and shooting quality ammunition thatyou made yourself, after a while you will walk by the shelves at wallyworld and laugh at the prices per box of ammo...and when you go tothe range and look down and see brass on theground it will scream MONEY hehehe remember at the range, be polite, ask, before you scarf another persons brass

i've been reloading since the early 80's, started on a single stage press till i got into competition and realized the rounds thattook me all week to load in the single stage i was burning on the weekend...

Edited by calishootr

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I estimate it costs me a little under half of what store bought loads would be. That's with FMJ. (In 40 s&w). In other words, well worth it.

Now I have to start scouring the web to find a deal like that! Great catch. So what's the typical savings over store bought loads?