Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can't install iTunes

rtr

Trying to upgrade my iTunes. If I do the automatic upgrade get error "Errors occurred while installing the updates. IF the problem persists choose Tools > Download Only> and try installing manually".

I downloaded the iTunes+Quicktime file and ran it manually and get error "Could not access network location %APPDATA%\". Any ideas on how to fix? This is on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Curious, do you have administrator rights on that computer? Also, you could also download the file directly from iTunes. Just make sure you get the windows 7 x64 bit version or 32-bit depending on what processor you have. After downloading the install file, try right clicking the install file and click on "Run as Administrator"

I am trying to install this as a non admin user, however when I install anything it asks for the admin password which I supply. Right clicking and "run as administrator" results in the same error. Logging in under the administrator and the installing results in the same error as well.

I've done the fix here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549

And the fixes in posts 5 & 6 here http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/1127524.htm

Any other ideas?

You might want to wait a day or two. There are lots of reports of the app store and possibly iTunes server problems, starting yesterday and all day today.

I haven't been able to download apps to my iphone for 30 hours...

I've used "Run as Administrator" all the time whether it's running CMD or simply installing applications with no problems.

RTR, how about trying this on a new account and seeing if that works? First, make sure to restart your computer, then once you log back in, create a new user account (with admin privileges) and log into this user, download the newest iTunes and install it (on this new user account), then log off and go back to your original user account and see if iTunes works.

Thanks to gamingoddess, I created a new user acct, logged into it and installed itunes and it works under that account and my regular user account. Thanks much.

I've used "Run as Administrator" all the time whether it's running CMD or simply installing applications with no problems.

RTR, how about trying this on a new account and seeing if that works? First, make sure to restart your computer, then once you log back in, create a new user account (with admin privileges) and log into this user, download the newest iTunes and install it (on this new user account), then log off and go back to your original user account and see if iTunes works.

Nice work on that.

be