Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Something different... Videos of Knob Creek Submachine gun competition

MiniUzi

Howdy folks,

I know a handful of the folks who hang here also do their share of subgun competitions so here's some videos from the Oct 8th & 9th Knob Creek subgun match. Paul Winters the match director actually built a Huey Helicopter as a prop for this one. It was pretty amazing and a lot of fun to shoot.

This discipline and this match are a bit different and I thought some of you might like to see how the black sheep of the shooting sports are kicking it. For those of you looking for a change of pace you can get into a subgun for what a race gun will cost you and your skill set transitions over very well (similar shooting fundamentals apply)

The Videos (Youtube Playlist)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=739928F4BCF9F8CF

Results of the competition can be seen at

http://bullethose.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=244

kcrfallhuey.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

-Todd

Edited by MiniUzi

Looks like fun. All the videos I watched were of somewhat greener shooters. Who was ripping, I want to watch that video!

This run was the fastest of the event.

Not all the top runs were captured on video unfortunately.

^^^^ That's what I was looking for. Nice. The other stuff i watched had guys walking and mis-handling everything. That guy got it done, shooting the clays was awesome!

Andy in that video is one of the nations top shooters. His run was good but not perfect. This particular event at knob creek is an interesting venue since they have to cater to courses of fire that can be viewed by the spectators and also set up a COF that will allow the lowest skill level of shooter to shoot safely.

The fact that most of the guns being shot are at the newest maybe 30 years old and at the oldest almost 100 years old with spare parts and what not being harder to get as time goes on.

• 9 months later...
I know a handful of the folks who hang here also do their share of subgun competitions so here's some videos from the Oct 8th & 9th Knob Creek subgun match. Paul Winters the match director actually built a Huey Helicopter as a prop for this one. It was pretty amazing and a lot of fun to shoot.

This discipline and this match are a bit different and I thought some of you might like to see how the black sheep of the shooting sports are kicking it. For those of you looking for a change of pace you can get into a subgun for what a race gun will cost you and your skill set transitions over very well (similar shooting fundamentals apply)

Wow, it's been a long time since I've attended a Knob Creek match! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to get down there again...if possible, very soon B)