Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about Henning TiteFit SlidePin

AJW

I gather if you want to use the Tite Fit Slide Pin you have to punch out the old pin from the slide stop with a pin punch ? If so how is the new pin located correctly so it meshes into the right place ? Thanks in advance.

No the new pin replaces the slide stop all together, do not try to disassemble your slide stop. the tight fit pin just replaces the slide stop with no means to lock the slide back, these are a great part but if having the slide lock back on a empty mag is a feature you want they wont work for you.

I use them on my limited and open guns but not on my production guns where I want the slide to lock back.

Mike

No the new pin replaces the slide stop all together, do not try to disassemble your slide stop. the tight fit pin just replaces the slide stop with no means to lock the slide back, these are a great part but if having the slide lock back on a empty mag is a feature you want they wont work for you.

I use them on my limited and open guns but not on my production guns where I want the slide to lock back.

Mike

Thank you Mike for your reply, the last question I have then about the Titefit is once its installed does it have to be drifted out to take off the slide because it is real tight or can you still use your fingers to remove it ?.

ANdrew

Not drifted out, but pushed out using an allen wrench or screwdriver tip. Unlike the EGW one where you push on it and it goes flying out the other side, the Henning TiteFit will dislodge from the retaining spring but not go flying out. I usually have to help it along some more with an allen wrench until I can get enough of a finger grip on the other side to pull it out.

Not drifted out, but pushed out using an allen wrench or screwdriver tip. Unlike the EGW one where you push on it and it goes flying out the other side, the Henning TiteFit will dislodge from the retaining spring but not go flying out. I usually have to help it along some more with an allen wrench until I can get enough of a finger grip on the other side to pull it out.

Thanks for that mate, do you lock the slide open with a mag inserted then eject the mag ? I think my RO's wont like the fact you can't just lock it open minus the mag.

ALWAYS eject the mag first, and then show clear. The paranoid like me, eject the mag, and then rack the slide twice and then show clear. Since the slide doesn't lock back anymore, the way to show clear is to hold the slide back.

There is something very wrong if you have the EGW or Henning pins, and the slide stays open with an empty magazine. That usually means that the underside of the slide that is meant to strip off the the next bullet is biting into the follower of your magazine, but it could be something else that causing the slide to stay back.

No danger of engaging it during a course of fire(with the thumb)....dropping/walking on my mag's(RO) during a match may change the lips and the it could stay open with a couple rounds left, this eliminate any possibilities the best thing is there is no down side.

guns are made to be shot, guns wear out, An occasional slam on an empty chamber may eventually cause a little wear but if it is enough to worry about your gun is made of crappy steel. However the object is to NOT run your gun dry,

guns are made to be shot, guns wear out, An occasional slam on an empty chamber may eventually cause a little wear but if it is enough to worry about your gun is made of crappy steel. However the object is to NOT run your gun dry,

+1 Time to learn to count :goof:

Just make sure that if you install one, that it is not too tight of a fit. I had to run an EGW pin because the titefit pin caused some interference at the point in the barrel "kidney" where it changes angles. It was fine in my other Tanfo, so my gun may be at the edge of specs.

I gather if you want to use the Tite Fit Slide Pin you have to punch out the old pin from the slide stop with a pin punch ? If so how is the new pin located correctly so it meshes into the right place ? Thanks in advance.