Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 06-10

Rangertim

I've slowly been crawling up in B class in both Limited 10 and Production. I shot an all classifier match today, pulled out a 4.11 second run on Steely Speed VII with my production gun. If the math is right, I just shot my first 100% ever!! Couldn't help but post it here!

Yea....math not right. I had just calculated my El Prez score prior to this one. Totally forgot to change from 60pts to 30pts. But I'll happily take an 82%.

06-10.gif

Edited by sperman
Added Stage Diagram

We just shot this one yesterday... took my time and went at "match" speed. Clean at 3.2 I think that is about 90 or so %.

JT

EDIT: I shot it left to right from the right side of the barricade. (I'm right handed) Made the hard lean to the first popper, so I didn't have a problem with my body moving each time I needed to lean more for the next shot. If you get out there far enough, it's not an issue, but if you don't you might be shooting two or more, basically, on the move. That's why I chose to shoot it left to right. Less room for error.

J

Edited by JThompson

I ran it from right to left from the right side of the barricade as well. I wanted to engage the first visable target as fast as possible and work it from there. I shot it clean with my Production gun.

JT: What division were you shooting with you 3.21sec run? Production?

I ran it from right to left from the right side of the barricade as well. I wanted to engage the first visable target as fast as possible and work it from there. I shot it clean with my Production gun.

JT: What division were you shooting with you 3.21sec run? Production?

I understand your logic, and I usually shoot at the first available. I've had issues doing that, so I decided to try something different here.

I shoot Open...

It was 3.2 seconds, it looks like 3.21 because of the word I after it. lol Not that it matter a bunch.

JT

Edited by JThompson

I shot this in 3.18 clean in production. Came out to 9.43 hit factor and 100% problem is USPSA threw it out as more than 15% above my class. I haven't shot production in years so my classification is C (I'm about to make A in limited)but I did shoot it and it was set properly. Is there any way to appeal and get this to count? Usually I get psyched out and blow classifiers and they seem to count those they should also count the ones where I have my head on straight and do something right!!!!!!!!!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shot this one rather conservatively, since I had a few bad stages up until this point and didn't want to tank another one. Obviously you can see from the video that I started on the right hand side, and worked my way from right to left. Like Chris said, I wanted to engage the first available target I could see after the buzzer, not to mention it was a bigger target and easier to hit. I think from the shaking around of the camera I may need to work on a smoother draw. Might speed it up a little bit.

Edited by Chris Keen