Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to forum

fudd

Hello, everyone. I am a 62 year old newbie. Have owned guns for 42 years but have not shot much. I am hopping that I have 18 years left of good shooting. Maybe by that time they will have a class for people with walkers and who wear depends. I am planning on setting up a small range at the farm and catching up on time lost. Any advise on berm height and back stop info would be well appreciated. Have bermuda grass growing there now and can keep mowed or would it be better to gravel it? I joined this morning and really enjoy these forums. I have already learned much. So would like to thank all of you for the insight and helpful information you pass along on these forums.

Thanks again,

Jerry, aka fudd

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Welcome. There is a lot of time and fun left. I started shooting IDPA when I was 62 and USPSA when I was 65. I have a lot of fun shooting both.

I have never built a home range but I prefer short grass over gravel. Easier for me to walk on and a lot easier to find my brass.

Good luck,

George

Welcome. There is a lot of time and fun left. I started shooting IDPA when I was 62 and USPSA when I was 65. I have a lot of fun shooting both.

I have never built a home range but I prefer short grass over gravel. Easier for me to walk on and a lot easier to find my brass.

Good luck,

George

Welcome to the forums! And, grass is much easier on the body when you old farts fall down! Just kidding! Even us young(er) farts fall down at times! :cheers: