Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-23

Sarge

For our local match today I was tasked by the MD with setting up the above mentioned classifier.

The set up notes at the bottom of the WSB say that T1 and T3 (the outer two targets on either side of the center target)will be angled towards shooting box. I angled them towards the box's outer front corners.

As is usual a more experienced local Super Squad member took acception to the set up and brought it up to the MD, Stating the targets should be lined up straight across and not angled. Once he was shown the fine print at the bottom of the page he then made a valid point. He asked, "who is to say what angle is correct"? and wondered how it is ever supposed to be set up exactly the same each time. These are good questions and I am posing them to you all here. One of his squadmates stated how many times he had shot this classifier(don't remember the exact quote but it was alot) and it has never been set up the way I did it.

So here are my questions

How do we make sure the targets are at the correct angles?

What are those angles?

Why did it take a noob wanna be CRO to actually read the set up instructions?

Why did it take a noob wanna be CRO to actually read the set up instructions?

Kevin, it seems everybody always "knows" the rules, until somebody actually reads the rules/instructions and points out they are mistaken. At that point, confronted with the words in black and white, they will still find a way to quibble. As Daniel Patrick Monihan once said: "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." :devil:

More seriously, it seems as you've discovered that the instructions are not sufficiently detailed to ensure the stage will be set up exactly the same from club to club.

Curtis

We have necessary info. Target is 45cm full width, so 22.5 cm or 8.86 inches to the center of the target + 7.5 ft is 8.24 ft. Center of the box is 23 ft. With some high school math that I used a web calculator to fill out with these two sides of a right triangle we get 19.7 degrees. Get out the protractor!

Seriously the setup guide says angle toward the shooting box. A relative angle to the box should suffice.

The first time I set that up correctly, I got the same question from a GM and a couple of masters.....

I didn't find the angle hard to set -- I set the outside targets so that they appear much like the center target, while standing centered in the box......