Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sightracker for Glock?

jbullgpd

Just got my Sept/Oct issue of Front Sight, takes awhile to get sent over here after the redirect from home. Anyways, looking on page 25 add from Glockworx. I see what appears to be a G22 with a 6" barrel and an extension on the end like a STI sightracker. So is this legal or gonna be legal in limited? No experience with the 2011 version but I know it got lots of talk when it came out. Don't know who uses it on a 2011. The system worth all the hype on the 2011's to justify doing up your Glock like this? Couldn't find anything about it on the glockworx site but I assume since they are advertising it someone should know something about it.

I have seen lots of coll stuff in Glockworx advertisements, but never seen any of it available on their site. I guess those are options available if you buy a custom gun from them or send your gun to them and let them do the work.

A longer sight radius is better. How much better, I don't know. Exactly how much difference that little bit makes is probably very variable from shooter to shooter. It looks cool though.

Just got my Sept/Oct issue of Front Sight, takes awhile to get sent over here after the redirect from home. Anyways, looking on page 25 add from Glockworx. I see what appears to be a G22 with a 6" barrel and an extension on the end like a STI sightracker. So is this legal or gonna be legal in limited? No experience with the 2011 version but I know it got lots of talk when it came out. Don't know who uses it on a 2011. The system worth all the hype on the 2011's to justify doing up your Glock like this? Couldn't find anything about it on the glockworx site but I assume since they are advertising it someone should know something about it.

When those came out on the SV, USPSA was pretty up-tight about them for Limited. I belive their was a ruling that made them legal after they meet the 500 produced and available laungage. But, the ruling was specific to 5in. 40 caliber SV's, IIRC.

I don't know if anything has changed?

I shot with a guy at the FL State Match who was using a 6" sight tracker in Limited. Perhaps the minimum requirement has been met? Either that, or he should have been shooting Open...