Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 pistol

As a 1911 made by a reputable company, I expect it to be worth the money. I LIKE adjustabe sights (at my age, I like red dot sights even more.

If you like it and can afford it and can't find a gun for less money with the same or more features, buy it.

Yeah, whatmeworry, I remember those cars too. That is if you are talking about Bill Jenkin's "Grumpy's Toy,." i have fired a couple of the SIG 1911's, and they seemed to be good, reliable pistols that are worth the money you have to spend for them. The trigger was OK, about what you would expect from a factory 1911. They both fired hollowpoints without any difficulty from most of the magazines. One of the magazines acted like it had a weak spring or something else was making the follower hang-up. Neither one of the guns had a malfunction using Wilson, Mccormick or Kimber Pro Tac mags.

Yeah, whatmeworry, I remember those cars too. That is if you are talking about Bill Jenkin's "Grumpy's Toy,."

Yeah, Bill Jenkins, Dick Landy, Sox & Martin, Don Nicholson! What an era. Went to the NHRA Nationals in '70 with a national record holder from here in Albuquerque, Johhny McClintic, as part of his crew. We slept in a parking lot and took showers in a 25 cent car wash. We had enough money to get there and back. Low budget. Some of the best times of my youth.

Sorry about the thread drift.:rolleyes:

Pat

Glad I grew up in that era also, lot's of good memory's there. We slept in the Parking Lot's but found a public pool to shower in.

Had a lot of fun with these old 1911 also but not up to the parking lots anymore.

If your thinking of purchasing a Sig 1911, I would push you toward a STI Trojan, in the same ball park on price I think but I sure any of the aftermarket parts you might want would fit.

Only shot one Sig that belongs to a friend and was pleased with it.

Pick up good mags for which ever brand you select, I like the Wilson 47D's and I think there still $25 at Dillon.