Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lurking no more...

txfiddler

Hi all!

I'm just getting into practical shooting and want to introduce myself.

I've already found the forums here quite useful. Right now I'm totally soaking up the gems in G-ManBart's "Tips for Newbies" thread!

A good friend introduced me to the sport this past Summer and I've shot a couple of IPSC matches and a 3-gun that was WAY over my head, but an absolute blast (pun totally intended...). My little G19 might not be a hotrod, but it's done surprisingly well.

Despite that, I'll be looking to add to my gearpile over the coming months. I welcome any and all advice! In the meantime, I'll see you around the boards -- and if you shoot around the Austin area, I might see you at a match!

Thanks for your hospitality!

TXFiddler

Welcome to the forums. I'm just north of you in Belton (near Temple). Lots of shooting available this weekend in / around Austin & San Antonio. Take your pick - I'm sure all these matches will be great.

This Saturday, Marc Jaschke will be hosting a USPSA pistol match at the BOTW range in Liberty Hill. Expect 6 stages with an approximate round count of 150. It's going to be a fun match. Setup begins at 7am, come out and help if possible, any help is greatly appreciated. Signup begins at 900am and the shooters meeting starts at 945am.

Also Saturday, the Bullet Hole will host their monthly IPSC match just West of San Antonio -- and you should see the improvements they've made to this range. Steve Cline will again serve as match director, and he's cooked up five great USPSA stages. Sign up at 9:30. Match begins at 10:00. For more info: http://www.bullethole.com/

Sunday, ALSPPC will be hosting a USPSA falling steel match at the Austin Rifle Club. 5 stages with an approximate round count of 100. Setup begins on Sunday at 730am and signup starts at 900am, we need helpers please. The fun starts at 10am. Come and join us for either match. Shotguns are allowed for this match. Watch the weather as either match may be canceled due to poor weather conditions.

Also Sunday, The River City Shooters will host their Single Stack Classic at the Blackhawk range just South of San Antonio. (Or as Ron puts it, "the match for masochist that shoot punishing historic classic guns known as Single Stack.") But fear not, modern guns are welcome. The match fee for all shooters is only $20, and they'll have SIX stages. They always put on a great match. Sign up at 9:30. Match begins at 10:00. For more info: http://www.rivercityshooters.org/

ETA: Thanks to Don H. and Sheldon C. for originally publishing these announcements that I shamelessly cut and pasted.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Thanks to all of you guys! I definitely will be seeing some of you in the near future.

I think my next Kitchen Pass is for the ALSPPC IPSC match next week... But I'll admit Sunday's all-steel shoot might be worth a little unseemly begging... "Please Honey? I can always mow the yard AFTER the match...".

Seriously, thanks for the big welcome!

If you ever venture south, we have matches here in Houston that might b worth your while, too. Welcome to the forums!

Thanks Ed, I'll definitely do that. That's my old home turf. In fact, when we first met, my now-wife lived toward the Eastern edge of the Heights. From her house on any given Saturday night you might hear what sounded like a typical IPSC stage being run... :devil:

Next time I visit my mom-in-law down there, I'll have to look you guys up.

What ranges host IPSC matches?

TXFiddler