Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Boxed - Long Course - 16 Metric

spanky

Standing outside of shooting area with toes touching anywhere along rear fault lines. Handgun loaded and holstered. Upon signal engage targets as visible from within fault lines.

sibdn90xl9of69n7.png

Edited by spanky

Is it symmetric?

Theoretically.

Don't get into a habit of it, but it doesn't hurt once in a while.... Also, try and stay away from using NS targets as vision barriers... esp of people have to shoot around them.... It makes it a pain in the ass to score when one gets clipped. Use a wall or barrel if ya can.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Is it symmetric?

Theoretically.

Don't get into a habit of it, but it doesn't hurt once in a while.... Also, try and stay away from using NS targets as vision barriers... esp of people have to shoot around them.... It makes it a pain in the ass to score when one gets clipped. Use a wall or barrel if ya can.

JT

I've been trying to not remain symmetrical but, for whatever reason, this one wound up that way.

As far as the NS, you're right. I originally had barrels in the stage but, for whatever reason, they got replaced with NS. I'll play with it a bit more.

Edited by spanky

updated

Okay pal, now move the barrel closer to the point at which the shooter is.... If you have them downrange you are liable to have the same issue with people clipping the barrel and scoring.

\

JT

You mean inside of the shooting area or just closer to the softcover?

updated

Okay pal, now move the barrel closer to the point at which the shooter is.... If you have them downrange you are liable to have the same issue with people clipping the barrel and scoring.

\

JT

You mean inside of the shooting area or just closer to the softcover?

Depends on what you are looking for.... What targets do you want them to shoot from where... that will determine where the barrels go. As long as the block the shot that you do not want them to take all is good. If you make them shoot right next to one (downrange) what you get is people clipping the barrel and then a RO is looking at elongated holes and grease rings. Make sure that if you do have them downrange that the RO tape any holes in them, so you can determine of there is a full diameter hit on them or just a graze. If possible you want to avoid that. I had to do it at Area 5 and it did cause some issues which I will not repeat. If I use them tight to a target downrange again, I will cut the top off and fill it with sand.

JT

Thanks, JT. They are really just there to try to compel the shooter to not shoot the outside targets then turn and shoot the two targets directly behind the soft cover. I'd prefer to have them have to go in further to engage those two targets.

Updated it again. I appreciate the advice!