Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USP Compact .40 Questions

slippp

Hi guys! I have a question! I have a USP Compact .40S&W

For production, am I allowed to use the 12 rd mags but only load ten rounds?

Am I allowed a lightened trigger?

What holsters are you guys using?

What mag pouches are you guys using?

I plan on using this gun for production once every now and then, and wouldn't mind having a full loadout just in case :)

Thanks for the help!

For production you are correct on the 10rds in your mags. In production trigger work is ok, there is no minimum trigger pull weight.

As for holsters and pouches, I don't shoot a HK but for my production rig I use the Blade Tech Drop & Offset holster. They are super quick and light.

For mag pouches you can't go wrong with the CR Speed. I used them for everything. They pretty much fit any type of mag. If thats not your speed you can also get Blade Tech single or double mag pouches.

I have also used Blackhawk gear in the past. The standard CQC holster is nice and its also quick. The Blackhawk mag pouches are pretty good also. The nice thing about the Blackhawk stuff is a lot less money than Blade Tec or CR Speed.

For production you are correct on the 10rds in your mags. In production trigger work is ok, there is no minimum trigger pull weight.

As for holsters and pouches, I don't shoot a HK but for my production rig I use the Blade Tech Drop & Offset holster. They are super quick and light.

For mag pouches you can't go wrong with the CR Speed. I used them for everything. They pretty much fit any type of mag. If thats not your speed you can also get Blade Tech single or double mag pouches.

I have also used Blackhawk gear in the past. The standard CQC holster is nice and its also quick. The Blackhawk mag pouches are pretty good also. The nice thing about the Blackhawk stuff is a lot less money than Blade Tec or CR Speed.

Thanks!!

I'll look into them :)

The Arredondo basepads fit the USP fullsize mags; I seriously doubt they will fit the mags for the compact.

If you get time/inclination, I would get an LEM trigger on that compact. I shot a fullsize USP in L10 with an LEM trigger and was extremely happy with it. The LEM trigger is the most underappreciated trigger system out there.

FY42385

The Arredondo basepads fit the USP fullsize mags; I seriously doubt they will fit the mags for the compact.

If you get time/inclination, I would get an LEM trigger on that compact. I shot a fullsize USP in L10 with an LEM trigger and was extremely happy with it. The LEM trigger is the most underappreciated trigger system out there.

FY42385

Thanks!

In terms of the trigger, I contacted Bill Springfield about the trigger because he does trigger jobs on USPs, and he can do either a lightened trigger pull, or the LEM kit in the lower 4#s.

The price difference is almost $100 dollars; the standard lightening is 59 and the LEM installation is $149. Is it worth it?

You asked for any and all insight,,,, I have chased rainbows in the past pouring money into a non competitive gun. So it's not like I am a genius. But honestly money spent on up grades, mag pads trigger jobs etc are realy going down the drain. If you get into this sport you will eventually want to move to a more competitive platform. There is a reason a handful of guns dominate the shooting sports over and over. Keep it the way it is and run it for a while and just enjoy shooting. Play with a couple other platforms to which of the winning guns suits you best. Then spend your upgrade money on one of those.