Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holiday weekend major matches

Most if not all major holidays are observed on weekeknds during the summer season. Matches are bound to fall on a holiday. Major matches probably get a better turnout because shooters burn up less vacation if they are already off work for the holiday.

I have a job where it doesn't matter if it's a holiday or not. We're open except for Christmas day, Easter and Thanksgiving day. The summer holidays end up being just another day which really sucks in my opinion. This year the 4th of July was a Sunday and yes, I went and shot a match. Not because it was July 4th, but because it was my day off that week. Holidays have lost so much of their meaning and celebration due to corporate greed and the desire to make a buck. I personally will not purchase anything from a brick and mortar store on a holiday. As someone who gets stuck working those days I refuse to support any company that's open on those days. It's not like you don't know they're coming so I get what I need before or after but I'm good with supporting the people who choose to hold a match on those days. And I'd be just as good with staying home if they decided that's what they wanted to do. :cheers: