Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

92A1s

Beretta Lover

I still love me some Berettas

The new 92A1's are now out there for sale around $610-670

Dove tailed front sight, light rail. standard 92 lower/grip. Slightly beefier slide.

Different guide rod, but it lookes like a regular wolf spring will fit one, I couldnt compare the guide rod diameter to the old 92 version, its supposed to be silghty differn t and take an internal bushing.

Curiously they did not open the mag well like they did on the M9A1 and elie series

BERETTA USA CORP

Model 92A1 Semi Automatic Pistol

The Model 92A1 represents Beretta's evolution of the world famous 92FS

pistol. Combining the best elements of the 92FS this pistol features a

higher magazine capacity and is completely interchangeable with any other

92 family magazine. The A1's frame includes an integral Mil-Std 1913 rail

for attachment of tactical lights and laser aiming devices. Internal recoil

buffer increases service life by reducing stress on the receiver. The

single one piece captive recoil spring assembly simplifies the assembly and

disassembly process and minimizes the possibility of spring loss. Three

magazines included per pistol.

meh. No G, no well bevel, no extended mag release, no front serrations. Pretty ho-hum, IMO.

They needed the buffer to get the .40s to last longer, but should have kept it out of the 9mm. About the only thing they got right is the removable FS.

just my 2c on the A1.

-rvb

I wish they'd bring back Brigadier slides.

A G would be nice like RVB said - do you think Beretta will do the paperwork to get it Production approved?

They still have not submitted paperwork for the "90-two," and that was how many years ago?

-rvb

Id put an extended button on it, and I dont really care about the G feature.

It doesnt matter though, Beretta apparently doesnt care enough to ever submit the paperwork to get guns approved anymore anyway

I will shoot my ELite for sanctioned USPSA matches and the other one for 3 gun and IDPA

I'm pretty sure this gun is built on a 90-two frame, so it won't fit regular 92 holsters.

I -think- it would fit holsters for any older models w/ a rail, such as the vertecs or Elite 1A. While I haven't seen an A1 yet, and it's been years since I've looked at a 90-two, I think the A1 is a merger of the 90-two and 92FS frame (it has the front-half rail/takedown/buffer from the 90-two, but rear-half is non-modular with regular grip pannels from the FS). Word is that modular grips didn't hold up well to high round-count abuse. I'm not sure what the actual problem was.

-rvb

not to thread drift too far....bbbbuuuttt... i'd be all ga ga eyed over something .40 cal Beretta 96-ish that could hold 20 or 21 rounds in a 140mm mag.

about the closest thing that would be a limited division racegun now is what??? the Stock or Combat models??? and I'm not so sure that both of those came in .40 cal versions

I have two of the brig inox 96's and two of the brig inox 92's.

I started out shooting production with the 96's reloaded down to minor power factor.

the whole FS safety/decocker thing doesn't bother me. the guns rarely jam so I don't have to worry about inadvertently flipping the safety on when doing the TRB.

I did that once in a match. and it's just one of those mistakes you make just once.