Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RF vs CF

Tom E

When you're shooting rimfire (and staring low ready gun pointed at a "flag"), do you shoot the plates in a different order than you would starting holstered? Do you start on a plate you'd be swinging thru to get to what would be your first plate when shooting starting from the holster?

Yeah, same order here. There are some stages where I might be a little bit faster by starting on a different plate, but, I still shoot them the same way as I would from a holster just to be consistent.

I'm the same, try to be consistent on the patterns and not fall into the traps. We do a custom stage every month and on that one, I just go with a solid pattern. On the standard eight, I do the same order as my CF.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm the same, try to be consistent on the patterns and not fall into the traps. We do a custom stage every month and on that one, I just go with a solid pattern. On the standard eight, I do the same order as my CF.

Same order here also. I used to shoot LH being right eye dominate (although I can use both hands). Now due to arthritis in my left hand I decided to permanently change to RH shooting. But I still prefer starting plates from the left end which I did when shooting only LH. I can shoot from either end but for SC I tend to favor KC's shooting sequences as I seem to shoot faster scores his way.