Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd local, 3rd overall match

Biloxi23

Saturday I shot my 2nd local match, which would be the third match overall since early July. This one was a whole bunch better. I don't mean my overall finish, which was better, but that everything just felt smoother and faster and more comfortable. Boy, did that Warren Tactical Glock Fiber Optic Sight set make a difference! I actually remember seeing the front sight on most of my shots. There were still some brain (trigger?) farts, but they somehow did not fell as bad. I guess the best way to put it is that I didn't fell as near to lost as I felt the first two times. This whole practical shooting thing just keeps gettin' more and more fun. My fifth stage wan't near as well done as the other four, but I am tickled overall. I wish I had started this about thirty years ago.

match jitters start to subside and you will start concentrating more on shooting than the match itself.Beware though it all starts again when you go to a big one, if you are not careful with the mindset.

I an also say I wish I had started 30years ago!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck

Mildot

...but that everything just felt smoother and faster and more comfortable.

Of course it did, you were a bit more familiar with what to expect. It'll get easier with time (unless you let your mind invent excuses (i.e., this is my first match with more than 50 participants, this is my first out-of-state match, etc)).

Enjoy the ride. :D

Saturday I shot my 2nd local match, which would be the third match overall since early July. This one was a whole bunch better. I don't mean my overall finish, which was better, but that everything just felt smoother and faster and more comfortable. Boy, did that Warren Tactical Glock Fiber Optic Sight set make a difference! I actually remember seeing the front sight on most of my shots. There were still some brain (trigger?) farts, but they somehow did not fell as bad. I guess the best way to put it is that I didn't fell as near to lost as I felt the first two times. This whole practical shooting thing just keeps gettin' more and more fun. My fifth stage wan't near as well done as the other four, but I am tickled overall. I wish I had started this about thirty years ago.

Hi were was the match? I live in waveland and am looking to learn and join a club.

Mat

Highway 67 in Harrison County: The matches are held at the Gulf Coast rifle and Pistol Club on the second Saturday of each month. There used to be a web site, but they ahve been having problems and I'm not sure who is maintaining the site.