Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W gun certificate for 2010 IRC

JohnRodriguez

Today i ran across my gun dealer at a gun show. Told me that s&w didn't send a m&p15-22, instead sent a check for $400. What gives? They could have at least had the courtesy to send a letter or call phone call to inform me that they were changing there minds. Probably not the place too air this, but o'l well. I am a shareholder in s&w, so i will be going to the next shareholder meeting and voicing my displeasure.

Let me get this straight.....

1. Smith & Wesson serves as the premiere sponsor for the IRC, donating far more than any other sponsor year after year after year.

2. They were generous enough with the prize guns in 2010 that you still got a gun for finishing.....let's see.....29th place overall.

3. Instead of sending the rimfire rifle shown on your prize certificate, they substitute a check for $400. Which happens to be the current street price of the gun.

4. You're angry about it, you openly complain about S&W on a national forum that caters to competitive shooters, and you announce your plans to attend a shareholder's meeting and voice your displeasure.

Did I get that right, John?

I have not talked to my FFL as of yet. I am awaiting the same type. If they send me $400.00 I will take it. Would rather have the rifle but I would not hold it against S&W as they do a lot for the ICORE Organization and it would seem equitable. Later rdd

I don't know about everyone else, but when I go to a match that has any sponsors or donated prizes of any type, I make it a point to collect all the names and send out a letter of thanks for supporting our sports and to let them know that their contribution large or small is noticed and appreciated. No one has to donate and while it may seem like everyone kind of does it, it is not mandatory for manufacturer to continue supporting the buyer beyond a warrantee. I am much as anyone am not the hugest fan of the "promise from the Fed" reserve notes, but I suspect $400 is more than the match fee.

Just my humble opinion.

Lee

Edited by Mitch_Rapp.45

Today i ran across my gun dealer at a gun show. Told me that s&w didn't send a m&p15-22, instead sent a check for $400. What gives? They could have at least had the courtesy to send a letter or call phone call to inform me that they were changing there minds. Probably not the place too air this, but o'l well. I am a shareholder in s&w, so i will be going to the next shareholder meeting and voicing my displeasure.

dry.gif

CLOSED.