Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New USPSA match in NC

We are happy to announce that there will be another place to shoot USPSA in the central NC area. Caswell Ranch has become a USPSA club and will hold matches on the 2nd Sunday of every month starting 12 SEPT. This adds to Sir Walter and Pitt County for 3 monthly matches in the Raleigh area. Sunday the 29th of Aug, we will have a classifier match with 4 classifiers so all the IDPA shooters can get classified right away, please come out and join us. Great place to get some extra practice in before our NC SECTION match in early OCT

Step one of a match or match announcement,

Location, time and date, point of contact etc. The basic Who what when where how,

Where is the match exactly ? What time should I show up ? How much is the match fee ?

Kinda frustrating to see announcements like this, clicking all over the websight link doesnt help because the calender only goes to August and the info isnt there either.

Hi Guys,

The match will start at 10am, normal match fee is/will be $15, classifier stages sent in are plus fee (as per USPSA).

Location go to www.caswellranch.com match will be six stages total, 4 of them will be classifier stages.

Regards,

Dean

John - don't tempt me! I quit shooting my roundguns in competition (except for the odd steel match) several years ago and switched to 1911s. If I did it again I'd have to build a new gun(s) and I really can't afford it right now!

John - don't tempt me! I quit shooting my roundguns in competition (except for the odd steel match) several years ago and switched to 1911s. If I did it again I'd have to build a new gun(s) and I really can't afford it right now!

Nothing to afford my friend, I have a 2" 66, 4" 686, and 6" 57 sitting here. Tell me which one and it's your's for the day, ammo as well. Just think of it as Single Stack Limited. 4 classifiers, what a great way to get back into REVO, where the real men get it done with only 6 !!!!

The problem is that the only competition revolvers I have left are a pair of seven shot S&W 686-Plus with ported barrels that I built for Second Chance and local pin shoots. Neither are legal for USPSA unless I want to shoot in Open Division! I'll stick to my Para 16.40 and shoot L-10 until after the State match at Sir Walter in October. After that....well, who knows?

It is too bad this match has been scheduled to conflict with Frank Glover's IDPA match in Oxford. If there were no conflict, there might be a larger local pool of shooters.

I would have thought that Dean would have given more consideration to local conflicts. I guess not.

Glock3422,(Harry)

There is a match every weekend in NC, I would be in conflict with somebody no matter what, being that it's a USPSA match not an IDPA match my thoughts were that it would not affect Frank or any IDPA shooter, my own shedule has a match of some type at Caswell Ranch every weekend and I set my IDPA matches to not conflict with Franks IDPA matches just as I set the USPSA match to not conflict with another local USPSA match. 2011 it may be changed to the second Saturday, we will see how it goes and how many people would like it on Saturday not Sunday.

Edited by DBrevit

It is too bad this match has been scheduled to conflict with Frank Glover's IDPA match in Oxford. If there were no conflict, there might be a larger local pool of shooters.

I would have thought that Dean would have given more consideration to local conflicts. I guess not.

There is no conflict with the match at the end of this month, it's a classifier, let's see how you stack up in USPSA

Our Classifier match on Sunday the 29th of August is really shaping up, good way to get into USPSA, get classified and have loads of fun on the first day, extra trigger time before our NC SECTION match at Sir Walter first weekend of OCTOBER, what a great area to live in

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank you all for a fun match, especially that boat stage. By some strange means I managed to finish higher than I had imagined? Oh well, dumb luck works for me!