Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPTICS PLANET

EEH

Well after all the post I ordered two items,I called on phone rep.said we have one of your items in stock,one on back order ,,ok if you order two we will ship free,,I am all about free,I ordered two items 40 bucks no shipping..one hour after order was placed I got e-mail,your order was shipped,one on back order,,I called back,rep said ahh don't worry about it the computer does that,,got e-mail next day from ups,one item on the way,,,,well it came just like they said $6.99 shipping,when the other one ships it will be $6.99 shipping,items I ordered was $21.00 each,called rep,back he said he would get with the supervisor to see what could be done,we will listen to call on tape,,two hours later I got call,they will refund shipping,and back order will be shipped with no shipping,so I guess I am ok,,, :cheers:

I Ordered a Nightforce NXS scope from them once, I figured it would be on back order because of the reticule I picked, seeing how every other online site didn't have them either. I received the back order confirmation through email, and played the waiting game. Three weeks went by and no updates or nothing and at that time Midway got the scope I wanted in stock. So I gave Optics Planet a call to see how much longer it was going to be, I was able to get a hold of them right away (A real person in fact!) They were quick to answer my question about how much longer it would take. The bad news was they were seeing as to getting one in stock in four months! :( So I asked if I could cancel the order, they were able to do it right on the spot with no fuss and I went on my merry way.

Ordered a spotting scope and a couple of rifle scopes and mounts from them - no problems at all; I returned one of the scopes as it wasn't working for me - they were quick to refund. Also have used them for some cleaning rods and other cleaning kit trinkets.

Keep an eye out on the web for coupons.....matter of fact, my last order was yesterday; this 5% off coupon is currently good:

http://www.tjoos.com/Coupon/65931/Optics-Planet

• 3 weeks later...

From now on I will always call first.

I have placed 3 orders with them, and each time an item was back ordered. I really do not like not being able to see what is out of stock on the website.

Might be a little better if they would ship the part of the order that is in stock, then the back ordered item when it is available, but they hold the whole order waiting on the back ordered item.

I received my back order last week,it shipped before they said it would,,if I need anything they have I will order fron them again--I will also call first,but they have good prices.

• 2 months later...

I've placed.......4 or 5 orders with them over the past couple of years (can't remember what I bought though.........thank you, middle age!!). Shipping was fast, got good pricing and as someone else mentioned, you get a 5% discount on your next purchase.

One thing I've notices is their stock varies from time to time. One day they have every model of what ever it is you want, then a week out, they may only have half of what you were looking at in the first place.

But I'll certainly contiue to use them.