Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger Rimfire South West Regional

Well.....with the Tri-Gun being cancelled :( ,and my son really starting to take an interest in the sport :), I've decided to head down to New Mexico and attend the South West Regional of the Ruger Rimfire Challenge. Looks to be a nice 2 day event of shooting 22RF rifle and pistol. What could be better than being on the same squad as my 14yo son!! Well...that and also being with the Currents' as well!!

Anyone else planning on going to this match?

I've even been practicing in the swelter heat up here in Minnesota (92 today and super humid!!) only to see that it got up to 81 in New Mexico. Whats up with that????

Hello: I will be shooting the match along with my 11 year old son. It will be his first big match with more than 20 people :cheers: It should be a great match and lots of fun shooting 22's. I will be the guy in the bright colored shorts :devil: Hope to see you there. Thanks, Eric

I'll be the guy in the loud Nordic shirt

you gonna promise cool and dry weather? As opposed to the HOT and HUMID crap we are having here!!

I think these matches are great for kids to start out in!!....My son has been shooting a tactical shotgun league with me all summer, but it was the Ruger RImfire match we had last week end that got him hooked. We didn't really even plan this trip until this last Monday.

See ya there!

Tim

Hello: It may be a little hot but not humid. Bring sunscreen and lots to drink. The weather is very nice here compaired to the hot muggy days of summer. Founders Ranch is beautiful but it is at about 6000 feet maybe more. Don't hit the buffalo when driving in. See you soon. Thanks, Eric