Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wildcat Multigun - August 8th 2010

We're holding another Multi-Gun match on August 8th at Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club near Brookston, IN. Indiana Multigun (INMG) rules apply (attached as well).

Required (minimum) rounds are 34 Rifle, 54 handgun and 35 shot, I recommend bringing more as these are minimum rounds required.

We plan to have five (5) fun and challenging stages for score. We're going to do a test run on the 100 yard bay to see if there's any interest in a team style event in the future so plan to bring an added 30 rifle, 9 shot and 15 handgun for that fun and exciting stage. Know your zero @ 200 yards as well.

Gates open at 8AM

Shooters meeting at 9:45

Shooting starts at 10AM

Match fee is $20.00* Juniors with paid adult are half price.

*Setup crew and RO's shoot for $10.00

Wildcat Valley Website (Directions Available Here): www.wvrpc.org

Indiana Multigun Rules Available Here

Questions? Contact me, Tony Diana

IndianaMGRules1-7-10.pdf

Edited by birdo

On the team event how far is the shotgun box from the handgun box?? My comp on my barrel may make a handgun shooter unhappy! Unless I roll the shotgun 45 degrees the right side up aka hoodrat style.

On the team event how far is the shotgun box from the handgun box?? My comp on my barrel may make a handgun shooter unhappy! Unless I roll the shotgun 45 degrees the right side up aka hoodrat style.

Not too far, but your targets will be to the extreme left against the berm. If you help the Handgunner out with his targets, I am sure he will forgive you for a little comp blasting... ;)

If however you miss, you may want to buy him a beer later.

No, no extra cost at all. We just want to test out the concept, and give everyone a taste of what's to come.

By the way, big thanks to the Dean from the Topton Fish & Game club for the idea, this stage is one that they set up for the Topton 3 man event this year.

Great match !!! Really nice stages with some that looked easy until the buzzer went off. I offered them my 4" flash targets for the 100 yard range but they were on the 200 yard range. First time I looked at them at 200 yards, my dot was bigger than the target. Made for some interesting conversation as I tried to find the target behind the BIG red dot. Hit them all, just tokk some time. Can't wait till the next match.

Great match !!! Really nice stages with some that looked easy until the buzzer went off. I offered them my 4" flash targets for the 100 yard range but they were on the 200 yard range. First time I looked at them at 200 yards, my dot was bigger than the target. Made for some interesting conversation as I tried to find the target behind the BIG red dot. Hit them all, just tokk some time. Can't wait till the next match.

So I guess your flash targets at 300 will be even more fun eh? :devil: Maybe not, I'll have to try it first :ph34r:

Thanks to Tony, Ryan, John and Jeff for the help in my absence... Stupid work :angry2:

Next match in October Tony and I will need some help from the locals with setup or it could be a bit less interesting of a match...

Thanks to everyone who came and shot. Record number of shooters since I've been shooting at WVRPC for a Multi-gun match :cheers: Might have to start at 9AM to get out of there a bit earlier in October???

Haha, or push the start time back to 11 so we can get everything setup. One or the other.

Yes, help from local shooters is a must. If we get a good group to help with setup the day before the match and the morning of, at setup time, workers will shoot for free.

So I guess your flash targets at 300 will be even more fun eh? :devil: Maybe not, I'll have to try it first :ph34r:

Lots of fun....................................lots of ammo !!!!

I didnt have any problems on the 200yd range.... I think I shot maybe 10rds total on that stage to make all the hits.... in 31.67secs, hahaha.

All in all though that was a badass match. Other than my semiauto 1187 turning into a pump gun basically, I had an excellent match. My 'smith is workin on the 1187 right now so it should be good to go by Atlanta's multigun.

Edited by Jon Fuhrman

I didnt have any problems on the 200yd range.... I think I shot maybe 10rds total on that stage to make all the hits.... in 31.67secs, hahaha.

All in all though that was a badass match. Other than my semiauto 1187 turning into a pump gun basically, I had an excellent match. My 'smith is workin on the 1187 right now so it should be good to go by Atlanta's multigun.

Thanks man. You were the second fastest on that stage, Jeff beat you out by .3 seconds.

We also had one Iron shooter (Larry H) clear it in 35.13 seconds, and a few others come close, so they deserve some credit.

Scores will be out soon, I am just verifying everything before I post them.