Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 In Esp.

dpeters8445

I was just looking threw my IDPA rulebook, and I was suprized to see that 45 is not allowed in ESP. Why not?, there is no advantage to it.

The reason this question came up to myself was that I was thinking of having an all purpose gun built. L-10 for USPSA, and ESP and CDP for IDPA. I guess with IDPA rules, this can't be done.

It just doesn't make any sense to me that 45 is not allowed in ESP.

Most of the rules in IDPA don't make any sense, and that's just counting the rules that don't contradict other rules. Given that, the requirements of the divisions seem pretty arbitrary to me. Custom Defensive Pistol exists specifically to have a division for .45s. It's their game, they made the rule, and you can take it or leave.

If you could shoot the same gun in ESP and CDP, there wouldn't be any really reaosn to have both divisions, would there.

Because at anything other than top levels the 8-9 round 45 wont compete with a 10-11 round gun unless the CoFs are specifically designed for it.

Thats the reason there are different divisions and quite honestly if the Wide Body 45s are used I dont know that there would be enough difference to matter in equal classes, however "most" people own single stacks.

All in all I like the 45 alone in its class though and since it brought about limited 10 in IPSC I think maybe they were on to something.

Larry P