Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 550 shell plate alignment

I use a couple Dillon 550's at my job and today we started to notice that when loading 45 acp the shell plate was not aligned correctly. When you run the arm down the case mouth is hitting the lip of the size die and you have to move it over in order to run it up into the die. It is very noticeable on the powder die also because you can visually see that the case is not going straight. I looked on Dillon's website and others have reported this happening with the #1 shell plate when loading 45 acp. Does anyone have any advice if they have had this problem before?

I use a couple Dillon 550's at my job and today we started to notice that when loading 45 acp the shell plate was not aligned correctly. When you run the arm down the case mouth is hitting the lip of the size die and you have to move it over in order to run it up into the die. It is very noticeable on the powder die also because you can visually see that the case is not going straight. I looked on Dillon's website and others have reported this happening with the #1 shell plate when loading 45 acp. Does anyone have any advice if they have had this problem before?

Call Dillon and ask them for the shell plate alignment tool.

they are sending one i was just wondering if anyone had any tricks to fixing it.

I'm having the same problem but it's the crimp die that is hitting the shell plate. So you just called them and they are sending you one for free?

I had the same problem, Dillon sent me the tool to align the press, they said if the link pins are warn, it creats some side to side movement, they said to align the press, and while tighting the screws in the base, to have the handle in the center of the movement, do not tighten the base screws with the handle clear left or clear right, my machine seems to work ok now, they said if the movement in the linkage becomes worse, it will have to be sent to Dillon for repairs, George.

• 2 weeks later...