Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I thought I shot it fast, but the timer didn't think so...

alpha-charlie

After shooting stage 10 at the Indiana Section yesterday I really thought that I shot it much faster. I shot first and then watched the rest of my squad shoot and couldn't believe how everyone was shooting it WAY faster than I did. It was a very short stage with little room to mess up. I completed my shooting, was shown the timer by the R.O. and signed off on the score sheet. Still not seeing how I shot it that slow I did my best to use a stopwatch to time it on the video that was taken. I know it wasn't going to be exact but I just wanted to see if it was in the ballpark. I timed it 5 times from the video and got an average of a 9 second time. My time at the match was 12.44. Obviously this had to be a timer malfunction or the R.O. scrolled down to a previous shooter's time. I don't know what happened. Finally my question; I know that nothing can be done about this because I signed off on the score sheet but is there any rules or arbitration procedure set up to dispute a scored time when it's a reasonable amount off?

Tough luck when that happens. ... I think most of us have - sometimes maybe never to even realize it. Sometimes the timer can be bumped after the COF ends and it registers the same as a shot. If you suspect that has happened you ask the RO to review your shots and usually you can tell if this is the case.

But the time to dispute is before you sign.

Tough luck when that happens. ... I think most of us have - sometimes maybe never to even realize it. Sometimes the timer can be bumped after the COF ends and it registers the same as a shot. If you suspect that has happened you ask the RO to review your shots and usually you can tell if this is the case.

But the time to dispute is before you sign.

Yep, kinda what I figured. It just burns ya to know you did that much better. Would've moved from 43rd place to about 19th on that stage. :angry:

If you sign the score card it is a done deal, learned that the hard way at Nationals last year. Also you must enter your protest aka arbitration within 1 hour of shooting the COF. I have seen timers pick up shots on the next stage, those loud open guns, also had them pickup a shot from the sound of the slide slammed shut during ULSC. When I RO I always glance at the timer as the last shot is fired so if it changes I know it.

I've witnessed a clock dispute or two where the shooter asked the RO to roll it back and there was a 4.5 second delay on the last shot, which the RO knew was wrong and the reshoot was given.