Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleaning gunpowder residue from clothing

Resjudicata

I am getting a lot more black gunpowder residue and oil on my shorts now that I switched to a Speedsec holster. The wife is not happy.

Has anyone found a product that gets this stuff out of clothing really well? I need to find it or I am in trouble.

If you stop hearing from me over the next few days call out the Marshals. :surprise:

Chris

If you stop hearing from me over the next few days call out the Marshals. :surprise:

If you're not tough enough to face her, what makes you think the Marshals want any part of her?

I just try to dress in grease/gunpowder colored shorts and shirts when I shoot. Saves a lot of trouble.

She who would like to be obeyed...has had decent results from Shout and other products like that in keeping my stuff clean of fouling from the guns. She recently had decided that it was time I learn about the process. Soooo now I'm having good results with the same type of products.

Buy black shorts, or wear some 'Daisy Dukes' that way the muzzle won't get near any material.:rolleyes:

If that doesn't work, I've heard that talcum powder rubbed in and left overnight will pull the stain out.

Okay, Daisy Dukes it is. I'm sure the other guys here will appreciate your suggestion. I'll be sure to let them all know who to see in order to "pile on their appreciation." :roflol:

I usually wear darker colors for shooting because of this. However, I tend to wear lighter colors when the summer sun is out.

Chris

Just as an FYI, normal detergent doesn't do a great job of getting lead off of your clothing (think lead from the priming compound more than from the bullet). For those of you with kids, this is something to consider when you wear your range clothes home....

I've found one product intended for getting lead out of clothes:

http://www.esca-tech.com/ProductDetail.php?category=1300&productnum=3235ES

She who would like to be obeyed...has had decent results from Shout and other products like that in keeping my stuff clean of fouling from the guns. She recently had decided that it was time I learn about the process. Soooo now I'm having good results with the same type of products.

You've got that one wrong son, it's NOT SWWLTBO it's SWMBO (She who must be obeyed). :devil: