Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a measurement please

Irons shooters in particular who have a standard front sight base pushed all the way out to the threads on a 20 inch barrel, can you give me a measurement from the back of the FSB to the rail on the upper.

I am working with a company to build a rail that would go almost all the way to the back edge of the FSB if its pushed all the way out to give a dissapator look. But I dont know how long it would need to be, I dont have my rifle set up yet.

It shouldnt be that heavy, look at the Troy Extreme 13.8, its not that heavy for its length. I am thinking the tube itself would only be around 3 or so inches longer.

Keep the diameter small and the vent holes large you can get rid of a lot of weight with no problems.

You are probably going to run into a problem with some variations on the front sight bases as well. Are you thinking about making a one off kinda thing or a run of these?

Mine in 17 7/16 on a JP FSB.

J-Ho

It all depends on what the manufacturer thinks, and if others will buy it. I am probably going to be shooting one of their rifles at Benning, and I am hoping for a couple other matches in there as well. Their current uppers and lowers are billet and as of right now they are offering the only MagPul BAD lever compatible billet upper.

I met with the owners yesterday and he was talking about producing a tube that had holes and was threaded at the compass points for add on rails. If they were to build one that was say 17.5 inches long it would hopefully span the length of the barrel and protect a 20 inch barrel, I am looking at it for my rifle while will be an irons set up but some guys may want it to put flip ups on ...

But I want to be able to say I would like one X inches long for on my rifle.

My 20" gun is 16.75" from receiver to FSB. It's a 20" Sabre barrel, which has a step down about 1/2" from the comp, so the FSB can't be right at the comp w/out a shim- which I didn't want to do. The new JP tube is 15.5", which sounds about perfect.

You can see the gap here:

389779922.jpg

Edited by Bryan 45

It all depends on what the manufacturer thinks, and if others will buy it. I am probably going to be shooting one of their rifles at Benning, and I am hoping for a couple other matches in there as well. Their current uppers and lowers are billet and as of right now they are offering the only MagPul BAD lever compatible billet upper.

Slight thread drift, but the other day I noticed that Rainier Arms's Ultramatch billet upper is now compatible with the BAD.

9d7210a10d0f9ba5ad92c72141cf861a.jpg

Edited by esskay

I met with the owners yesterday and he was talking about producing a tube that had holes and was threaded at the compass points for add on rails. If they were to build one that was say 17.5 inches long it would hopefully span the length of the barrel and protect a 20 inch barrel, I am looking at it for my rifle while will be an irons set up but some guys may want it to put flip ups on ...

But I want to be able to say I would like one X inches long for on my rifle.

Either you're talking about LaRue or you don't have your info straight. The BAD works perfectly with my LaRue upper.