Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to the forum, but an old shooter.

I've been shooting on and off since 1995 but I'm only a C shooter in limited class. After reading about an older shooter(only by 2-years) than I attaining 6-Way Grand master it inspires me to do better. I had an old teacher tell me once that "there is always room for improvement and the only obstacle is in your mind". As an old shooter that's new to this forum, my best advice to new shooters is safety, especially muzzle awareness, the trigger finger and the 180 rule. Those things have helped me be accident and D.Q. free so far. Thanks.

I've been shooting on and off since 1995 but I'm only a C shooter in limited class. After reading about an older shooter(only by 2-years) than I attaining 6-Way Grand master it inspires me to do better. I had an old teacher tell me once that "there is always room for improvement and the only obstacle is in your mind". As an old shooter that's new to this forum, my best advice to new shooters is safety, especially muzzle awareness, the trigger finger and the 180 rule. Those things have helped me be accident and D.Q. free so far. Thanks.

Thanks Rvout, that is some good advise,what is the 180 rule? And welcome to the forum!

... what is the 180 rule? ...

USPSA doesn't really have a "180 rule" since it defines the boundary for muzzle direction as:

10.5.2 If at any time during the course of fire, a competitor allows the muzzle of his handgun to point rearwards, that is further than 90 degrees from the median intercept of the backstop, or in the case of no backstop, allows the muzzle to point up range, whether the handgun is loaded or not (limited exceptions: 10.5.6).

...but an example of the common definition is discussed here:

http://www.gpsl.org/safetyrules.html

... what is the 180 rule? ...

USPSA doesn't really have a "180 rule" since it defines the boundary for muzzle direction as:

10.5.2 If at any time during the course of fire, a competitor allows the muzzle of his handgun to point rearwards, that is further than 90 degrees from the median intercept of the backstop, or in the case of no backstop, allows the muzzle to point up range, whether the handgun is loaded or not (limited exceptions: 10.5.6).

...but an example of the common definition is discussed here:

http://www.gpsl.org/safetyrules.html

Thanks H L Gomer thanks for the link.

Welcome. Like near Jacksonville? Markaveli-definitely bodacious and severely distracting.

@ HL Gomer, I can tell your concentration was off you last post look like this, "hfhhddjjrydkdhhfdyuslzbxteeih" lol! And they are well oiled too, to keep em from getting rusty! Lol...

I had an old teacher tell me once that "there is always room for improvement and the only obstacle is in your mind".

I've been trying to convince my dad of this. Hopefully he will succomb to the addiction when both his sons are shooting USPSA.

Welcome.

BSG

I live in Galesburg Illinois and only shoot a couple times a month. The clubs I like to visit are Chillicothe, Havana, Milan and Lowe Iowa. I shot a couple times at Pasa and really liked it there, the courses of fire were very challenging yet well planed. I'd like to get down to Lefthanders and give it a try, the three gun looks like it would be fun. I also like to shoot Highpower Rifle and trap when time dictates. The problem I have now is the money, I just lost my job in June and haven't found one yet.