Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WeedWhacker's Range Diary

weedwhacker

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot my clubs local IDPA club match yesterday. And emphasis on just "SHOT" it... This was the first match I did not work in any capacity it was very very odd... .I did not like like it LOL. As MD for next weekends match I know I will be back to my old self..

Again basics I need to focus on the lack of practice is showing. I was analyzing a COF. i was the on deck shooter, I said to my friends "im going to try something different" they looked at me and said "OK"...... I did the something different and then gave me my PE LOL... And it then hit me like a ton of bricks I totally ignored near to far priority... I know the rules.....

I was happy with MOST of my shots there were two long targets that needed engagement from a lowered port... t1 down 2 on top of each other.... ... t 2 down 4 , almost down 6 on opposite sides of the target LOL !!

Movement felt solid , transitions felt good, use of cover seemed natural... Many skills are still solid.

We did have a unique stage this match.. Hands tied to a table with a rope about 18" in length, 6 rounds in each mag 3shots per ... FYI I 100% cleaned and lubed the gun the night before and twice in this match I had problems as shown here... I am never cleaning my stuff again:)

• 1 year later...

So it looks like I did not even make a single post in 2012 in this topic... I guess cause shooting was not a priority...

And my shooting skills have deteriorated greatly LOL.. I was hoping i could just pick up a gun and go BANG BANG down zero :) More like down 5 :)