Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning font sight

Maks_H

After first practice session all I can say is superb! I've put in green fiber and melted it just a little. It's very bright but the dot is small enough to view outlines of the sight. The width of the sight is just right perfect for alignment and narrow enough not to cover small plate on larger distances. Everyone who is still shooting with factory sight dumped it and go with Henning front sight.

post-16575-127901407333_thumb.png

In combination with an LPA SuperSight, it offers a great combination of acquisition speed and precision. I wish every pistol I own had such awesome sights.

I'm just a casual shooter, so no pro-stance here, but I found that with my standard rear Match sight & the iFiber, I could not hit anything I was shooting at, it was crazy. I like the iFiber profile & the fiber was very bright, but I suspect that it needs to be paired with a different rear to be optimal (or arguably I can't shoot worth a darn).

I did swap the iFiber for the stock fiber and was shooting fine again, so I do think it's that rear sight gap that was giving me problems. My 2 cents for what it's worth. Of course, all of this could be an excuse for a new rear sight.

The match rear sights suck, no way around that. I'll be working on creating a few prototype fixed rear sights both for Match and Limited. Possibly making one for the Limited this Thursday. We'll see how long I can stand staying at the mill.. have lots of other projects to do as well. But I want to get something going on the rear sight. It may lead to an adjustable rear sight for the limited.

The match rear sights suck, no way around that. I'll be working on creating a few prototype fixed rear sights both for Match and Limited. Possibly making one for the Limited this Thursday. We'll see how long I can stand staying at the mill.. have lots of other projects to do as well. But I want to get something going on the rear sight. It may lead to an adjustable rear sight for the limited.

Very cool, anxiously looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. As I've mentioned in other posts, my stock rear is held together with an ace hardware screw and loctite, just a matter of time before it implodes and flies off again :-).

I just got the .105 iFiber last week and it made a huge difference for my old eyes. Getting it sighted in with the rear sight on my Match was a PITA but that was because of the rear not Henning's product. I am now dead on at 25 yds but have only 2 clicks of "up" left on the rear...I'm watching and waiting for the screw to work out and the sight to explode. I guess I'll have to make it work until Henning gets a rear on the market.

For anyone lurking(I know you are there because so was I!) If you need/want any of the products Henning sells he is top notch to deal with. I had a personal call from him in under an hour after placing the order to clarify my needs, he took the time to answer many of my questions and I had my order in about 3 days!